Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Gurndingarn. I love to have the tree around for as long as possible.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
      My co-worker gave me a great suggestion. She said to wait until right after christmas, then get a tree at 75% discount at the big stores. I never really looked, but according to her, all the big stores are liquidating them and it is fairly easy to buy a nice pre-lit tree for cheap.
      That's part of why I bought my artificial tree 2 years ago. I'd always had a real tree, and had planned to continue w/ real trees. Then 2 years running, I wound up house-sitting right before the holidays, and the year that I kept free so I could stay home & enjoy my tree, the people I house-sit for had an emergency, and I had to go out there for a week. It's a pain to have to stop by every day or so, and water a tree that you don't get to enjoy. 2 years ago, I stopped by the store on Christmas Eve, and found a tree for 75% off. I already had my real tree for that year, so it was stored until last year, when it came out & was set up for the first time. I will probably set it up today, so I can enjoy my Christmas Tree for an entire month, something I could never do with my real trees.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I have discovered an all new type of Christmas Tree SC!

Monday, they said we might see a little snow, just some flurries, on Thursday. We got over a foot and with the wind, it drifted almost three feet deep.

Now my greenhouse area is fenced in next to our warehouse, so my trees were snowed in. But first thing Friday morning I had people who wanted to buy a Christmas tree.

We had the Turnpikes shut down, there were 16 semi-trucks wrecked and jack-knifed just outside of town and you just risked you life to come get a tree that is frozen to the stand under three feet of snow? I had one lady on crutches here to get a tree because she had to have one by Saturday.

But the best one? A guy brought me some dead branches and wanted them flocked for a wedding reception. I explained to him that I had to use water to flock trees and it is 25 degrees outside so my hose is frozen and I would be too.

Natrually, he goes to Boss#1 to whine (and not face his wife & daughter), Boss #1 is "Can we do this?" or "Can we do that?" Finally he lets us get out a new kerosene heater, raise the temp in the greenhouse, I flock the branches and drag them into the backroom to dry.

As of Saturday night, they are still there.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Okay, now that you mentioned it, flocking was mentioned on a radio comercial. What does it mean???

Jenni, the curious
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I think that's attaching the white stuff to make the branches look as if they were covered in snow.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              I think that's attaching the white stuff to make the branches look as if they were covered in snow.

Rapscallion
              Oh! We did that half-accidentally one year lol. We had a.....13 or 13.5 footer - I don't remember which, and ran out of the colored lights. We had lots of white lights though, so we just put those on the top. Mix it in with some of those icicle shiny streamer thingies, and viola! A snow-capped Christmas tree inside in Florida lol. It was actually really pretty - I'm sure we have pictures somewhere around here.
              Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Working...
              X