Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our policy has changed... deal with it!

Our store has recently changed from having a think 21 policy to a think 25 one. So of course now anyone who may have got away with it under the old policy are now being asked for ID and the amount of abuse we've had to take is unreal.

This is usually what happens

SC: "Cigarettes please"
    Me: "Do you have any ID?"
    SC: "I've been served before"
    Me: "Our policy has changed to 25 so as you look under 25 I have to ask now"
    SC: "But I'm old enough you twat!"
    Me: "It doesn't matter I'm afraid, I have to follow the policy"
    SC: "F*** off you cheeky c***

We've brought the police in because on monday some tool spat at one of my CW's because she wouldn't serve him and she was really shaken by it. I am starting to fear that a CW is going to be attacked, as behind the supermarket is quite a rough estate and a lot of them are all too quick to take offence and be "dissed". Hopefully it will die down as a lot of people will probably decide that they are never going to come back.

Bonus Story

A couple of weeks ago I had someone who had a real go at me and my CW (the same one who was spat at) because I wouldn't authorise the pump he was on his mobile. I regularly checked to see if he had put his phone away so I could authorise the pump but he must have been on his phone for about five minutes, and I could hear him shouting that I was a dickhead because he was stood there waiting for so long. Eventually I was able to authorise the pump and braced myself as I knew full well that he would kick off about it.

And so it happened...

Stupid Idiot: "Mobiles can't ignite with diesel, are you stupid?!"
    Me: "It's the law"
    CW: "Don't shout at him like that"
    SI: "Keep out of it, this is between me and him"
    CW: "No I won't keep out of it"
    SI: "Shut up I'm not talking to you, it's between me and him"
    CW: "No I won't shut up"
    SI: "shut up you slag"
    CW: "Don't ever call me a slag, you're barred"
    SI: "No I'm not you slag"
    CW: "Yes you are"
    SI: "No I'm not"
    CW: "You are"

He eventually paid and left and CW put up a notice about not serving him if he ever comes back in future.

Are signs clearly posted about the new carding rules? I know, SCs don't read. But it does help support your argument instead of making you seem mean. Though honestly, I'd get some enjoyment out of being mean.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Well down here Texas it's actually law to card someone that looks 27 or younger. Or course many don't follow that which means a lot of people have gotten in trouble during stings but yeah. If they look like they just got out of college I still card. One time I asked to see ID and the girl was all like "what but I'm old enough...Oh fine here." She was 22. I then proceeded to educate her in State law and if a cop had been standing behind me and I hadn't carded her I would have been in trouble because she was 22.

She of course huffed and puffed and stormed out.

Comment

This is absolutely off topic but I just have to say, Gibbo - yours is the best avatar I've seen in a very long time.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Are signs clearly posted about the new carding rules? I know, SCs don't read. But it does help support your argument instead of making you seem mean. Though honestly, I'd get some enjoyment out of being mean.
          Doesn't matter if they are posted or not, if they are purchasing an age restricted substance they should be prepared to flash some id. I am 40 (I look all of it too), but I still get carded. It is the little snot rags who aren't legal who get pissy. Next time one of them comes to your line threaten to call the police, they are breaking the law.
          Tamezin

Comment

I think i know the supermarket chain you work for because i just got caught out by the same issue myself a couple of weeks ago.

Methinks you probably see a lot of orange at work? I may be mistaken

Anyway, i went shopping with my friends and two of the three forgot our ID's. My friends were 22 and 25 and i'm 23.

Unlike your customers were were polite when we realised the policy had changed and laughed and joked with the casheir while we paid for the rest of our stuff.

*hugs* Bear up, soon it'll become the new normal and no-one will blink.

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
              CW: "Don't ever call me a slag, you're barred"
              SI: "No I'm not you slag"
              CW: "Yes you are"
              CW: "You are"

He eventually paid and left and CW put up a notice about not serving him if he ever comes back in future.
              Oh my, I'm seeing the Bugs Bunny Routine now:

SI: No I'm not.
              CW: No you're not.
              SI: Yes I am!

Ahahaha!

Quoth SG15Z View Post
              Well down here Texas it's actually law to card someone that looks 27 or younger. Or course many don't follow that which means a lot of people have gotten in trouble during stings but yeah. If they look like they just got out of college I still card. One time I asked to see ID and the girl was all like "what but I'm old enough...Oh fine here." She was 22. I then proceeded to educate her in State law and if a cop had been standing behind me and I hadn't carded her I would have been in trouble because she was 22.

She of course huffed and puffed and stormed out.
              Cali has the same 27 rule. I got carded when I was 27 and the cashier - even after looking at my id - started joking with me about how lucky I was to be carded. And I'm thinking, "grrr...You're supposed to card if I look 27 and I *am* 27. It's not like I'm 40 and am so happy to look 13 years younger."
              Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Hey wait a minute

Quoth morwynskya View Post
                This is absolutely off topic but I just have to say, Gibbo - yours is the best avatar I've seen in a very long time.
                Woah woah woah. Who was here first?

Comment

The chicken. No wait, the egg! What was the question again?
                  "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    We do have a sign saying that you will be asked for ID if you are under 25 and buying alcohol, even though we don't sell any, and it is poorly placed. It was there for a couple of days before I noticed it.

Quoth morwynskya View Post
                    I saw it on another forum that I am a member of and liked it, although now I'll have to change it!

Comment

Working...
                    X