X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Victoria J View Post
    Cats = evil.

The middle of the bed is definitely worse.

My Pan has actually settled down. She was really bitey. I actually woke one night to the sensation of her mouth closing round my eyeball apparently she was going to playfully bite me in the eye. I worried about what I'd do if it happened again - and eventually thought I'd spend the rest of my life sleeping in goggles. She still occassionaly runs wild, and bites my hand while purring - and while making this hideous vampiric slurping noise. It's very disconcerting.

I'm raised by cats (and my parents), and am absolutely reconciled to the fact that you live your life round them, not the otherway round.

Victoria J
    I got lucky - none of our cats sleep in the middle. One sleeps on my husband (the bitey one, actually), one sleeps between our pillows, and one sleeps in his own bed on the cedar chest at the foot of our bed.

OMG, your EYE? Ok, you win. Ember has never gone that far.

But I do agree, I think my cats own me, not the other way around. I mean, I won't cook for Mr. Skeen if he has displeased me, but my god, those cats beg for something? I can't get it for them fast enough! My life revolves around picking up their toys and cleaning their boxes. Wouldn't have it any other way! All 3 of mine are actually rescues - they were all starving and sick when I found them. They all really landed on their feet.

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
      Proof my mind broke

I was typing a letter and typed "I was told it would not be processed as I had failed to include the soup".

Soup = fee.

I am puzzled as normally my mistakes are vaguely cromulent, and I don't even like soup. I wasn't talking about soup. The case was not about soup. No soup.
      NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
      BJ has convinced Winchester that he's losing weight, and helping him get is healthy weight back. BJ has been doing this by surreptitiously replacing Charles' clothing. BJ has just replace Charles' clothing with a uniform that is several sizes too small, and when Charles tries his shirt on, it is of course too small.
      This was done to a guy at work, but with a hat. He bought new hat. Someone else bought the same style hat, but in the next larger size. After a week or so, they swapped the hats. The guy stuffed the replacement hat with newspaper so it would fit. AFter another week, the hat was swapped back, with the newspaper stuffing switched to the smaller hat. The guy then removed the newspaper. This went on for a month or so.

A similar trick was pulled on a coworker with a new car, back before locking gas caps were common. He kept track of his gas milage, which was great because extra gas being put in his car when he wasn't looking. After a while, his gas mileage dropped suddenly because it was being siphoined out. He never caught on.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

OK - why is everyone so short today. Seriously, I've seen 3 men who I was head and shoulder (+ a bit) taller than. I am tall, and I am big but I don't normally feel this looming.

Stop it. Everyone else - get taller.
        Never have I been so insulted. I am 5'0, I can't grow taller. Back off.
        Last edited by MoonChild2007; 08-30-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Quoth Pairou View Post
          I don't know why this one did it for me, but I cracked up. A lot.
          Me too. And now I want soup. Hmm..I wonder what's in this pot

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          I should introduce you to my oldest (but still younger than me) brother. He is 6'4", 240lbs, 36 years old and single. Owns his own business. And single.
          Blas is too young for him....I don't suppose he lives in New Jersey, does he?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Blas is too young for him....I don't suppose he lives in New Jersey, does he?

Vancouver, sorry. Let me know next time you plan to visit the west coast, I'll hook you up.
            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post

Vancouver, sorry. Let me know next time you plan to visit the west coast, I'll hook you up.
              Damn. Don't think that'll be happening any time soon...

Comment

The roommate issue? Most times 2 or more women share living quarters they sync (4 sisters, 2 daughters here). When I moved back in with my daughter last Feb., took us 3 months to be synched again. my sympathies to your roommate. I reccomend she check with her gyn about whether a Novasure procedure will work for her. It's quick and (for me at least) relatively painless. In and out in a few hours, less pain than a root canal.

My cats, past & present, have learned I am nastier than them. If they scratch me, or bite me, I WILL toss them across the room (no not against a wall or where they will be injured). I will also lock them into the bathroom or laundry room if they get irrritating. Cats CAN learn. They will bother my daughter (the one that has them trained to Come, Sit, Stay & Beg on verbal command - She's now working on off (78% success) and In & out (to the screened in porch)) three times as much as me. They come to me when they want a lot of calm petting.

Comment

i feel for your coworker; i had a similar issue about seven years ago.

Stop it. Everyone else - get taller.
                  how about we swap height; i'm 5'3," would that work for you?

as for cats, the whole 'i'll do whatever i please, your thoughts be damned' mentality they have puts me off a bit. i don't hate them, just don't care for the really nasty ones.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I just have to point out the inconguency(sp?) of me being 5'2" w/ a bf over 6'6".

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                      I just have to point out the incongruency of me being 5'2" w/ a bf over 6'6".
                      There was a couple at my college like that. He was a good head and a half taller than her at least.

There was also a couple where she was almost a head taller than him (he was probably around my height, 5'4"). They got engaged when he was a senior and she was a junior. Last I saw them at the 5 year reunion (which was 7 years ago) they had an adorable little boy. He was sitting on dad's shoulders and could look mom in the eye.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                        I just have to point out the inconguency(sp?) of me being 5'2" w/ a bf over 6'6".
                        May I point out the height of my ex (5'3) and mine (6'8)!

That was an odd sight...
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Women who share a space (be it a roommate situation, coworkers, ect) will usually sync up. It takes me a month to switch to a new coworker's schedule, then I shift back to my normal one.

A couple of things I have found that make me less uncomfortable: drink lots, eat regularly, and get plenty of roughage. For whatever reason, if I make sure I'm getting enough roughage in my diet, and I don't let my stomach get empty, I do much better than otherwise.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X