This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, at least it got rid of her!

Maybe this belongs in Brain Burps or Oops, so move if appropriate.

A co-worker went to serve a customer a glass of rosé wine.

SC: How long had that bottle of wine been opened?
    CW: I'm not sure to be honest. A couple of days, maybe. But we vacuum seal the wines after they are opened so it still should be fresh.
    SC: Can I have a glass out of an unopened bottle?
    CW: Yeah sure that's fine.

Apparently this was rude.

SC: You're going to do it?
    CW: Yes, it's no trouble.
    SC: But you were going to sell an OLD glass! If I hadn't complained, you would have sold me the OLD glass! It is absolutely appauling that I have to ASK for a glass of rosé out of a fresh bottle!

CW doesn't really know what to say to this.

SC: I want to speak to the manager about you!
    CW: Oh...ummm...my manager is really busy at the moment.
    SC: Fine...but I'll be back, I promise!

CW walked to the office door to tell me the tale. I need to point out that the office door is only a couple of feet away from the bar. Co-worker was at the door and could see everything that was going on in the pub. I was in the office, so I couldn't see anything.

CW: She wanted to speak to you, but I fobbed her off.

A couple of other co-workers were listening in. I jokingly said to them:

Me: See! You could all learn something from CW here! She managed to get rid of the bitch without getting me. She knows I don't give a fuck about her pathetic complaint!

All of my co-workers suddenly gasped.

The SC had suddenly appeared at the end of the bar...and she heard EVERYTHING. She walked away without saying a word, and amazingly, stayed in the pub drinking rosé for the rest of the night. She did glare at me several times though.

Co-workers found it hilarious. They know I don't want to be a manager anymore.

Crap on a stick - you got away with that? I guess she could tell from how you said it that she wasn't going to get away with her antics.

Sniggering over here. Certainly an oops situation, but I'm sniggering.

Rapscallion

Comment

heh a definite foot in the mouth moment where if she was intent on revenge she coulda screwed you over but I am also laughing about it over here. :P
      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

So....if you'd refused to open a fresh bottle, she wouldn't have been okay with that?

I guess she expected you would have refused her request, and was soooo excited at the prospect of showing you her ass that she wasn't about to lose an opportunity to be a bitch. I'm guessing there was no right answer here.

Except that later, when she overheard you shit talking her, evidently that WAS the right answer.

Awesome.

Comment

i love it when a story has a happy ending.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I'd say she had her ass handed back to her unexpectedly and didn't know what to do with it. I can't stop laughing at the mental image.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I have one of those vacuum things for wine (probably a "cheap" one) -- and I can say at least some wine (in the fridge) has a very similar tasts almost two months after being opened!

Granted I'd have the vacuum thing ready (seal in my hand) open the wine, pour, put vacuum thing on instantly and start removing air within three seconds.

Comment

I have one of those things, too. Works quite well.

You can do the same thing by pouring a handful of marbles into the bottle to top it up and get rid of the airspace. I used to do that with photgraphic chemistry, and I use the same trick to top up my carboys when I'm brewing.

I have a very big bag of marbles.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  I have a very big bag of marbles.
                  I lost all mine a while back.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                    The SC had suddenly appeared at the end of the bar...and she heard EVERYTHING.

Oh my God! Yay you! I would LOVE to get away with that.
                    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                    ----
                    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

I love the vacuum sealers, too. They're almost as good as getting the bottle re-corked at the winery.

But SC's are too stupid to bother asking those questions. Why listen to what the server has to say when you can cause a scene for no reason at all?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        I lost all mine a while back.

Rapscallion
                        Well, now you know where they all went ... you might get them back if you asked her nicely?
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

So apparently proper customer service would be to open a new bottle for every single glass and throw out the remains? Fine, let her open her own bar and see how fast her money goes down the toilet.
                          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                            So apparently proper customer service would be to open a new bottle for every single glass and throw out the remains? Fine, let her open her own bar and see how fast her money goes down the toilet.
                            Yes! It needs to be filtered through the customer's kidneys first!
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                              A co-worker went to serve a customer a glass of rosé wine.

SC: How long had that bottle of wine been opened?
                              The lesson to be learned here is to always answer that question: "I just opened it."
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X