This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my intelligence back

Ok so this person calls in and places an order. The first half of my story I don't remember too well since there wasn't anything extra sucky about it. The second half I had to babystep this lady - I had to explain what a credit card number is and a bunch of extra junk. Well, I hope my story's somewhat readable...

me: me
    sc: lady on the phone

me: Thank you for calling, can I help you?
    sc: I'd like a pizza.
    me: What do you want on it?
    sc: Pepperoni.
    me: Ok, that would be $X.XX, would you like to pay cash or card?
    sc: Cash.
    me: **presses button, which finalized order**
    sc: Oh, can I pay by card instead?
    me: Sure. **gets manager to help get back to the order screen to input card number**

AND NOW MY INTELLIGENCE IS DRAINED:

me: What's the number?
    sc: 3.
    me: I'm sorry, what was the number?
    sc: Number for what?
    me: The credit card number.
    sc: What's that?
    sc: Um, 3.
    me: The sixteen digit number on the card, it normally starts with a 4 or a 5.
    sc: Um it starts with a 3.
    me: Does the card say Visa or Mastercard?
    sc: Visa.
    me: It should start with a 4 then.
    sc: What should?
    sc: Oh, it's a debit card.
    me: That's ok, what is the number?
    sc: 3.
    me: **thinking maybe some new Visa cards start with a 3 now** What's the number?
    sc: What number?
    me: The sixteen digit number on the card. It's normally split up into four groups of four.
    sc: Why do I need to tell you this?
    me: So I can charge the card.
    sc: 3xxx.
    me: And what is the next group of four?
    sc: xxxx.
    sc: xxxx.
    sc: There is no more.
    me: There should four more numbers.
    sc: Oh I didn't tell you the first four. They're 4xxx.
    me: And what is the expiration date? It's normally two numbers a slash and two more numbers.
    sc: Oh it's xx/xx.
    me: **processes card, card is accepted and charged**
    me: That will be delivered in about a half-hour.
    sc: What will be delivered?
    me: The pizza.
    sc: I didn't order a pizza.
    me **just hangs up**

Bleh. I seriously felt like I lost IQ points. Thankfully the rest of the customers calling were at least halfway smart. The only other problems I had was with drunk callers who couldn't recite their credit card numbers right.
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Did she even know WHY she was on the phone!? What an idiot. How do people make it through life like that? jk lol But seriously... She must have been on something.

Comment

Was the pizza delivered? If so I wonder how she acted to the delivery person since she was that clueless on the phone.

Comment

Owww, you just made ME lose IQ points!

Update on her reaction when the pizza was delivered!

Wonder what she thought she was giving her credit card number out for!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It sounds like she is either suffering some sort of dementia (or alzheimer's) or was high on some sort of substance. Either way, it's less sucky and more worrisome.

Comment

Did she sound elderly?
            Like the post above, I'm kinda hoping it's either dementia or drug induced.

If it's a sober lil blonde stereotype, I weep.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

from the point of view of a delivery driver

I really want to know
              1. if the delievery actually took place
              2. if it did how did the woman react at the door when the driver arrived?

hey quit stealing my customers alright
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

The pizza did go out, but I didn't hear any of the drivers complain about anything strange. I too was curious what would happen when the pizza got there.

She didn't sound elderly, she actually sounded pretty young. But, of course, that doesn't mean anything. After the next few calls, as my IQ points began to rise again, I think she was on drugs.
                To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
                my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Oh the memories! I used to work for a major pizza place. I don't think I had anyone quite as bad as the OP, but I had several who had no idea where they lived, what their phone number was, or what they wanted.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
                    After the next few calls, as my IQ points began to rise again, I think she was on drugs.
                    "Wow, man... we smoked all of it? I'm really getting the munchies... we should order a pizza or something..."

*doorbell*

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Some faves from my delivery days:

a) Arrive at address, customers are not home (or refuse to answer the door). This happeneds so many times, I can't even it call it unusual. I just have to wonder.. was it like "Hey.. let's order subs!" "Ok!" 10 minutes later.. "Hey.. let's go to the movies.. right now" "Ok!"

b) Address simply does not exist.

c) Arrive at address, it is a massive apartment complex. No apt # given.

d) Arrive at apartment complex, with apartment #.. only it's gated, I'm given no code, the call-in buzzer is broken or SC isn't on the list, etc.

e) I arrive and SC has NSF.. SC is only slightly short, so it's not worth it to come back. I have to eat 75 cents, obviously no f-ing tip.

There are so many more, I don't even know where to begin..

1000 apologies for the threadjack.
                      I will never go to school!

Comment

Working...
                      X