This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I do not have a token. Can you let me out"

A female customer pressed the call box at the exit gate, was transferred to university police, who then transferred the call to me.

When I answered the phone, she said "I do not have a token. Can you let me out." That was not a question. She wanted me to raise the gate.

I stall by saying "so you do not have a token?"
    female customer: "No, I do not have a token. Can you let me out." That was not a question. She wanted me to raise the gate.

me: "Then you have to buy one for $5.00 inside the bldg. I am not allowed to raise the gate for anyone wanting out for free."

I hang up the phone & watch to see what she does.

I saw her reach down & get "something", a token, & insert it in the slot at the exit gate. The gate went up.

Ok...
    So you had a token, but you wanted to save $5.00.

Does not work that way.

But she'd already bought the token for $5. She wasn't actually saving money. What the heck was she going to do with a car park token if she'd managed not to use it?

Maybe she planned on collecting enough to play tiddlywinks with.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      But she'd already bought the token for $5. She wasn't actually saving money. What the heck was she going to do with a car park token if she'd managed not to use it?

Maybe she planned on collecting enough to play tiddlywinks with.
      Possibly keep the token for the next time she was there?
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I can see someone trying to 'slip by' or 'sneak out' of somewhere to save (not that i like it, but i don't despise it as much as some other tactics) but I HATE HATE HATE it when they go so far as to lie RIGHT to us! grr!

Comment

Working...
        X