This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I shouldn't have to tell you that."

Ok so little bit of info. When customers order a sandwich on a bagel or crossaint, SOMETIMES we ask if they want it toasted. Most of the time, they do anyway. USUALLY since it's not common, people who don't want their bagels toasted have to tell us since by default, we toast the bagels. 98% of people want their bread toasted. If they don't want it toasted, they usually say not toasted.

Ok so lady orders two bagels. One with butter and one with cream cheese. I toast the bagels for her and I bring it to her.

SC: Are these toasted?
    Me: Yes
    SC: I didn't want them toasted.

UGH so I have to waste two more bagels and make make it non-toasted. I make it and bring it back to her. I got really mad so I told her NICELY...

Me: Ok just next time, just tell us if you want it untoasted.
    SC: You didn't ask me so I shouldn't have to tell you.

I was trying to explain to her that you have to tell us since most people want it toasted and she was talking over me about how she shouldn't tell me otherwise and I couldn't get a word in...

Yeah so that makes perfect sense. How the hell are we supposed to know to not toast it for you? That's really dumb. So if you want untoasted and usually when customers don't want it toasted, they say untoasted because that's not common and it's a rare request. Geez I have to be a psychic too at my job!

Oh and here's a bonus one!

Lady orders ice coffee, she usually comes in every Saturday. She gets medium iced coffee and my co-worker charges her and she says, "It's never been $2.99. I come here all the time and it wasn't that price." I tell her that it's on our register and it's been like that for awhile already. (At least more than 6 months.) I think these people are either trying to get discount or they have short attention span or they think we're stupid or something. At least she paid for it. My co-worker gave her the reciept, but she didn't even glance at it. Idiot!

Do you work at Tim Horton's? Because I always have to say "untoasted" when I order, and that's no problem except half the time I get it toasted anyway. It just sounded really familiar. Still, I would never complain if I didn't say "untoasted". Once my brain locked up and I ordered a cinnamon raisin bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese. It actually wasn't bad. I didn't return it because I was fairly certain that was what I said by mistake, thinking back.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
      Do you work at Tim Horton's? Because I always have to say "untoasted" when I order, and that's no problem except half the time I get it toasted anyway. It just sounded really familiar. Still, I would never complain if I didn't say "untoasted". Once my brain locked up and I ordered a cinnamon raisin bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese. It actually wasn't bad. I didn't return it because I was fairly certain that was what I said by mistake, thinking back.
      Tims usually goes like this for me:
      Me: Hi, can I get an everything bagel, toasted, with light cream cheese?
      TH: Sure, thats one everything bagel. Do you want it toasted?
      Me: Yes please.
      TH: Ok, and do you want it plain or with butter or cream cheese?
      Me: Light cream cheese
      TH: Okay, anything else?
      Me: Nope, just the bagel.

And then when I go to get it, around half the time I'm asked if it was toasted because they didn't select it on the register...
      Otaku

Comment

I work at Dunkin' Donuts.

Comment

so is bagel woman like 2 or something?

Comment

Strange.... I would expect a bagle/etc to be untoasted by default.... probably just a local-based thing.

But if I see that things are toasted (or it's mentioned somewhere), I know I make a point to describe what I want in detail and order that I think it'd be processed.

edit:
            that last line was really confusing... anyway, I was trying to say that if I see something is prepared one way (and I don't want that) I make sure to tell them --- but I normally just say how I want something made when I order, in the order I think it'll be made (so not like "tomatoes, red onions, cheese, mayo, wheat bread" but "wheat bread, tomatoes, red onions, mayo").
            Last edited by JLRodgers; 08-23-2009, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
              so is bagel woman like 2 or something?
              If you're asking about mental age, she sounds like she's an approximately 24 week old fetus.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X