Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please bend store policy for me! I'm speshul!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please bend store policy for me! I'm speshul!

Another ID story. -.- It's stories like this which are the reason I absolutely loathe checking ID.

IG - Idiot Girl
    IB - Idiot Boy

IG: I'd like some Superkings, please.
    Me: Ten or twenty.
    IG: *eyeroll at the peon who couldn't read her mind* Twenty.
    Me: Can I see some ID?
    IG: Oh, for god's sake. *hands it over*
    Me: *checks ID. ID is fine*

Transaction takes place. After the transaction, IB comes in. IB, just like IG, looks under 25. I will make the statement here that we are now required to ID check every person who looks under 25. I will also state that I am overcautious on this, as I have no intention of paying a whopping huge fine. O_o

IB: I'd like a pouch of Amber Leaf.
    Me: Can I see some ID?
    IB: I don't have any.
    Me: Sorry, I can't serve you.

This is when IG interjects. I'm not overly sure at this point whether IG is IB's girlf or sister, but she is very overbearing and takes over the entire conversation, pretty much. And yeah, this entire conversation took place right in front of me, at the till.

IG: Oh, for god's sake. IB, I'll get it for you, she served me. *turning to me* I'd like a pouch of Amber Leaf, please.
    Me: I'm sorry, but I can't serve you cuz I just refused him, and you're going to give him the baccy.
    IG: That's the stupidest rule I've ever heard.
    Me: I'm sorry, but it's store policy.
    IG: What would be the harm? It wouldn't kill you to do me a favour.
    Me: Sorry, but I can't.
    IG: Fine, we're leaving, don't expect to ever see us back here. We'll go elsewhere in future and you just lost yourself a couple of customers.

Why on earth do SCs think that we give two shits about not seeing them again?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

NOBODY in retail cares if some moronic customer never shows up again at a store cause for everyone who never comes back, at least 2 show up to take their place. & for the ones who say they'll never show up again, you usually see em the next day...lol.

Comment

We might care if they ever kept those promises. The liars dash my hopes and dreams every time.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Maybe we need to make up contracts in writing and get them to sign first; that way, if they turn up the next day, we can then sue them for breach of contract. *whistles*
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

No it wouldn't kill you to do them a favor but they haven't earned a favor from you...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's when you go "GASP! YOU"RE the undercover testers aren't you? And I passed!! Yay! proof my store follows the law. Do we get a written statement we passed?" And just babble on till they flee...

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
              That's when you go "GASP! YOU"RE the undercover testers aren't you? And I passed!! Yay! proof my store follows the law. Do we get a written statement we passed?" And just babble on till they flee...
              Heeeheee . . . I like that one. That should totally embarrass them.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                Heeeheee . . . I like that one. That should totally embarrass them.
                seconded!
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I would serve them with no problem. There is a provision however. I would tell them that their tobacco is $5 and the accompanying fine is $5000 so your total is $5005. But then again, I'm a real asshole like that.
                  I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                    Gods I wish I had thought to that one when I worked at the gas station.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

In Ontario, for alcohol sales anyway, not sure if this also applies to tobbaco, if an inspector comes in to do a check, the bar will be fined for every single person who cannot produce ID. Even if a patron is obviously a senior citizen, and has been coming in every day for over 60 years, if they cannot produce valid photo ID when an inspector comes in, the bar gets fined, and thier liquor license suspended.
                      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

That famous line: You've just lost a customer. Like we're actually heartbroken! Usually the ones who say this we're all praying they'll follow through! lol

Comment

Seeing as all they bought was that one packet of fags, it's hardly like we'll be mourning their loss. XD And I bet they'll come back, anyway, dashing my hopes once again.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
                            I would serve them with no problem. There is a provision however. I would tell them that their tobacco is $5 and the accompanying fine is $5000 so your total is $5005. But then again, I'm a real asshole like that.
                            Don't forget to charge them for the store fine and the loss of revenue as well.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

SC: You just lost a customer. I'm never coming back. Blah blah blah
                              ME: Lies! You'll be back next week! Your money will be mine!
                              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X