This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't take no for an answer

Me: Your friendly, neighborhood cart pusher/poop mopper/delivery guy/third shift zombie
    SB: Some bozo

SB: Do you have any Wiis in stock?
    Me: No, I don't believe we do.
    SB: Yes you do! You had some yesterday! (gee, I just customers who think they know what we have in backstock)
    Me: They have all been sold by now.
    SB: Well I've been camping out here because my kid wants a Wii and I can't get a straight answer from anybody! Are you sure there's no Wiis in electronics?
    Me: Very. I was just there to fill some stuff.
    SB: Well are there any in the back?
    Me: No. I was just back there to pull some stuff for electronics.
    SB: Are you sure!?
    Me: (thinking "I just told you we have no more Wiis 4 times already, what makes you think that's going to change now?") Ma'am, I can assure you we have no more Wiis in stock.

SB then gives me the cat-butt face and stomps off to electronics to ask the clerk there the exact same questions she asked me! Only she walks away after being told no the first time.

I just love it (not) when customers go ask other employees the same questions they just asked me just because they didn't like the answer I gave them. Makes me look like I dodn't know what I'm talking about. If I honestly don't know the answer to a customer's question, I will page somebody who will. I don't bluff just to get a person out of my face.

I hope SB either doesn't get a Wii for Christmas, or has to buy one off of ebay for 5 times the retail price.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Did this happen recently? Or on Sunday, when the Wii came out?

Cause, if the lady was outside... 'camping' for a Wii today, she's a stupid moron just for that...
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

This happened today. About half an hour after I started work. Great way to start the day!

I don't think she meant "camping" as in pitching a tent and sleeping outdoors. I think she meant she had been stopping by frequently.

I figure she stopped by sometime in the afternoon the day the Wii launched, and was shocked--shocked, I tell you!--that we could be out already.
      Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 11-29-2006, 12:19 AM.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My boyfriend is selling some Wiis on eBay. Give her the link and I'll tell him to triple the price.

Comment

Working...
        X