This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boundaries!

One of the other editors at my work is pregnant, very much so. She's only six months gone, but looks like she's ready to deliver any second. This is partly because she is naturally very slim, making her belly even more noticeable. She had an author in today and they had a meeting in one of the private rooms. Keep in mind that CW is young, attractive, and full of hormones, while author is old, wrinkly, smells slightly stale, and has a lot of nose hair. Also he's writing a book on buses of the 1950s, so you can imagine how interesting he is... After he left she was looking really angry so I asked her what was wrong.

Apparently as he was leaving she said goodbye and stuck out her hand to shake. Author shook, then, without asking, rubbed her belly. She stepped back and said 'do you mind?' (a lot of hormones, she is usually accomodating to the point of madness). His response: 'oh, pregnant women liked their bellies rubbed.' Yeah, by their husbands/parents/close personal friends! Not creepy old men!

I then rubbed her belly to make her feel better. You know, because they like that...
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

Gah! What the hell is with people that they think it's okay to touch pregnant women's bellies - especially if they're strangers? Honestly, if you want to rub her belly would it kill you to ask first?

Comment

She should have screamed. He would have jumped and possibly got the message. Funny how people leave your pregnant belly alone if you scream!

Comment

You touch my pregnant belly and you better be willing to lose that arm. That was my attitude while I was pregnant with my boys and for some reason it came across and no one ever rubber my belly!
        It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

http://queenofwands.net/d/20041029.html
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

God, that is just terrible.

Everyone I've ever met likes having their belly rubbed, but I don't just jump out and do it without asking.
            Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

I love how many of those strips end up being appropriate here.
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

When my best friend's wife was pregnant some guy ahead of her in line at the grocery store turned around and started feeling her belly while asking some dumb question about the baby. She loudly told him to get his hands off of her, which he ignored completely. This attracted the attention of the cop doing guard duty at the doors. (In this city, cops are allowed to moonlight in uniform like that) It also attracted the attention of my best friend, who was right behind her. He punched the guy in the jaw, knocking him out. When he came to, the cop was administering first aid. The guy told the cop he wanted my friend arrested for assault. The cop turned around and asked my friend's wife if she wanted him to arrest Mister Hands-on for assaulting her, as long as he was arresting people. We have some really cool cops in this town!

(Jerk decided real fast not to press charges, so BF's wife dropped it as well. I'll bet the clown keeps his hands to himself henceforth.)

Comment

ahh!! I HATE HATE HATE it when people try to touch my belly! When I first told me coworkers about my pregnancy they were so excited to see my belly and rub it when I started showing. I promptly told them "I am NOT a jolly, fat Buddha whose tummy you rub for good luck. Fat, yes...jolly..well...maybe when we're closed...but anyone that touches my belly will lose both a hand and a day of work (grieving period for the hand)" Got my CWs to leave me alone!

But that doesn't stop my customers from needing a belly rub! The other day I had a lady (turned out to be a CW's mom...but I didn't know that) walk behind the counter and rub my tummy while cooing....freaked me out!! I glared at her while she walked back and my CW came up to the front and saw what she did and yelled at her mom!

Maybe we should start rubbing their tummies back?
                  Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
                    Everyone I've ever met likes having their belly rubbed
                    I don't, pregnant or not!
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                      Maybe we should start rubbing their tummies back?
                      One up them and grab their boobs.

Comment

I had some dipshit rubbing a friend of mine's stomach when we were hanging out, so I started rubbing theirs and asking when it was due.

They said they weren't pregnant. My response? "So how do you know she is? She could just be fat, for all you know."

The woman backed off pretty quick and I couldn't stop cackling. That was a few years ago, though.
                        I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

I have never been pregnant, but I don't like people I don't know(and even some that I do) touching me. ...

They would get a response of "Get your fucking hands off of me before you lose them" accompanied by a death glare
                          Out of retail!

Comment

Nobody did it to me when I was pregnant, but then, I've never been accused of looking warm and cuddly, either. A stranger groping me would get me feeling them back. And by "feeling" I mean "slapping the st out of".

Hey, Hyena Daddy, how do you KNOW they like having their belly rubbed, and aren't just tolerating it to be polite?

Comment

My brother was one of those ignorant belly rubbers, when he was young and stupid. 'Was' is the operative word, because a broken jaw from the irate (and inebriated) hubby, taught him a very hard lesson.
                              "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
                              X