X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooo, treasssure! </overlordminion>

Archive trawl time >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I won't even touch the bellies of pregnant women I know or am friends with, and if anyone ever touched my pregnant belly I'm pretty sure my brain to mouth filter would fail and I'd end up screaming, "I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL IF YOU EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN."

*ahem*

Or maybe if I ever get knocked up I'll just get this in a maternity size.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        "I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL IF YOU EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN."

Snappy.

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
          Everyone I've ever met likes having their belly rubbed, but I don't just jump out and do it without asking.
          Now you can't say that. You may be able to say 'everyone I've ever met physically', but not a blanket 'everyone I've ever met'.

I HATE having my belly rubbed. It hurts. Yes, as in sheer physical pain.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post

Everyone I've ever met likes having their belly rubbed.
            Oh, you furries are ALL the same, always looking for your next skritch! (grins & runs off, giggling)

Comment

I've never felt an urge to rub a prellie(a term I just made up, although it sounds like something an Australian might say.)

Is there some superstition about rubbing prellies? Is it supposed to cure warts, make hair grow/not grow, make you win the lottery without even buying a ticket, give you green lights for your next trip, give/take away getting pregnant mojo, or what?

It can't be explained by malice or stupidity. Someone please explain the appeal to me.

Comment

heh, my wife is pregnant with our first baby and this is her biggest pet peeve (I just emailed this to her actually).

Our plan is when someone rubs her belly she will either 1.) if its a girl, rub the girl's chest in return. 2. if its a boy, claim she is not pregnant and get severly fake offended

Comment

I dont know why you would even touch someone you dont know, period. Its unacceptable regardless of circumstance.

I didnt mind belly rubs, BUT you had to at least be friends or family. If not....*hyaahhhh* Karate chop at the wrist...

Comment

I have groped people back for touching my tummy.
                    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                      Oh, you furries are ALL the same, always looking for your next skritch! (grins & runs off, giggling)
                      Guilty. :3
                      Hey, Hyena Daddy, how do you KNOW they like having their belly rubbed, and aren't just tolerating it to be polite?
                      Fine, to be more accurate, everyone I've ever mentioned belly rubs to has said they like it. Except people on here.

That said, pregnant or not, don't just walk up to someone and rub their belly. That's rude, and inappropriate.
                      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

K thats just creepy. I wouldn't touch anyone w/out their permission unless it was someone i know very well. or to keep someone steady if they looked like they were gonna fall or trip or whatever.

But... creepy old people (generally creepy old men) are creepy simply cuz they think 'im old and shit myself daily so i can get away with ANYTHING I WANT'
                        Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

To the creeps everywhere who think its appropriate to feel up the pregnant bellies of women they don't know, I'd like to introduce them to this mother:

I'm sure she'd appreciate a good ovipositor er, I mean belly rub. I'm even more sure she'd introduce you to her children, to "welcome" you into the family
                          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

To whoever linked Queen of Wands - a million thank yous! Sorry I don't have time to go look and see who it was, too busy reading!
                            "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Luckily, I have never encountered a perfect stranger touching my belly when I'm pregnant, and I'm 7 months along with my fourth baby. I have had people that know me politely ask if they could feel the baby kick, but I can usually tell them the baby isn't kicking right now and they back off if I don't feel like getting groped.

I'm not quite sure what I would do if some stranger tried that with me, but it would probably involve jail time.

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                                To whoever linked Queen of Wands - a million thank yous!
                                Ditto. Excellent, excellent comic. Any idea of they plan to continue it, or are working on another project? I got thru it in an evening or two, and I am seriously considering reading the "commentary with spoilers" version that follows it >_>

Thanks, Sparky!
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X