Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We were just ****ing robbed!" (dine n dash content)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We were just ****ing robbed!" (dine n dash content)

It's happened again, this time to me. I got dine n dashed. A party of 7 came in, without reservation, for a lunch the other day. They seemed normal enough, bunch of ladies enjoying a lunch together. After eating & finishing their coffee, they asked for the check. I delivered the check and then (stupidly) walked into the kitchen for a minute, to grab something. No sooner is my back turned than they are up and gone, and i come back out to find an empty table with the unsigned & unpaid check right where i left it on the table.

I ran out into the parking lot after them, but they were gone. Walked back into The Restaurant where my coworker was wondering what the commotion was about. "We just got fucking robbed!" i said.

Me: "We just got fucking robbed!"
    CW (coworker): "What... they didn't leave a tip!?"
    Me: "They didn't pay!!"
    CW:

's not the first time it's happened at The Restaurant, but, it is the first time it's happened to me.

what jerks! Hopefully the owner doesn't make you pay for it!
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
      I have to speak w/ him about it (i called him as soon as it happened, but, he didn't tell me if i'd have to pay it). I probably won't have to pay it out of pocket, but, i'm still out the tip i would have made on that table, which was my only decent table that shift (slow lunch shift).

People suck.

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
        I'm pretty sure it's illegal to make the server pay, as dine 'n' dash is one of the risks of doing business.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I hope they all got indigestion for that stunt. That sucks
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Now part of me wonders if all 7 jerks were in on the scam, or if it was only a select few and the rest were innocent bystanders. You know, one of the "Oh, I'll take care of the check" bits.

*sigh* Why do I think all of them knew about it.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
              I hope they all got indigestion for that stunt. That sucks
              Screw indigestion, i hope they all get the flaming uncontrollable shits! ...in public! ... preferably whilst wearing white!

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              I'm pretty sure it's illegal to make the server pay, as dine 'n' dash is one of the risks of doing business.
              I'll have to look into this, just incase. Although, i am fairly sure i won't be asked to pay for it. Although i may complain about my bosses, in the end, they are generally ther agreeable sort.

Comment

I've gotten in to heated discussions with several of my friends who try to convince me that "dine and dash" is somehow NOT the same as stealing.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  I've gotten in to heated discussions with several of my friends who try to convince me that "dine and dash" is somehow NOT the same as stealing.
                  Wait. What? How in the hell is in anyway but theft? What was their excuse? That is everyone right to eat, and not pay? As its a life and death situation?

That is theft.

Sorry it happened to ya bro. Keep an eye out. Maybe they'll come back (HA!) and tell them to get the F out.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post

It's not only stealing - it's almost worse than some types of stealing. You steal the food, the servers time, and you've just stolen from someone you've actually been interacting with. That seems worse than shop lifting - I don't condone shop lifting (duh) but in a big shop it is so impersonal I can see how it's easier for someone to convince themselves (falsely) no one is really feeling the loss.

I did dine and dash once - by accident. Andrushed straight back to pay.

My mother and I were in Glasgow (a city with a tough reputation that from this story and 2 others from the same trip is hard to understand), and stopped in a cafe for lunch. We were somewhat distracted as we were there to scatter her father's ashes, but it was a long time after his death and mostly we were having a very nice time visiting "his" city. So we have a very nice lunch, we gather up our stuff and walk off. The staff even waved us happily away.

About 10 minutes walking later I turn to my mother, and I was going to ask "How much was it ?", but instead the penny dropped and I asked in horror - "Did we actually pay?". And her face turned as horrified as mine and we rushed back.

Where the strangely happy and friendly cafe hadn't even noticed but were very welcoming

Easier to do with more people possibly ?

Victoria J

Comment

i did a bunch of research on the hwole making the server pay because i got accidently dined-n-dashed(i made a post on it), and my GM did want me to pay for it, but the AM went behind his back and just made it disappear
                      But basically, i can't remember all the fine points, but you can look up the fair labor act. it has all the info you need there..

Comment

If the owner is that serious about stopping it he can always arrange it so that the customer has to pay up front before getting their food.

That's what one resturaunt in Vergennes had to do a couple years back because of dine and dashes. (Of course since Job Corps was in the area everyone blamed the students there instead of the oh so innocent Parochial School students of Vergennes High, but that's another story entirely)

Comment

Oh Geeze! That those B**CHES! I hope they come in again in the near future and you can have them arrested! Any camera footage?
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                            Oh Geeze! That those B**CHES! I hope they come in again in the near future and you can have them arrested! Any camera footage?
                            I hope so too! Especially with the camera footage to nab their asses!
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                              When I worked as a waitress as a teenager, they didn't make us pay (I don't think I had it happen more than once), but when I did cocktail waitressing, I did. You only eat something like that once, after that you turn b*tch real quick.
                              Tamezin

Comment

Working...
                              X