Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We were just ****ing robbed!" (dine n dash content)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the friends I mentioned in particular feels, in certain circumstances, it's his right to "punish" the restaurant for bad service/crappy food or a combination of the two by walking out without paying. He says if the restaurant doesn't treat him appropriately, he will not pay them appropriately (yes this friend has SC tendencies which I HATE).

He told me that, in his mind, it's different than walking into Wal-mart and stealing something because in the case of dine and dash he's doing it to retaliate against the restaurant rather than just stealing for the thrill of it like at Wal-mart.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      I've gotten in to heated discussions with several of my friends who try to convince me that "dine and dash" is somehow NOT the same as stealing.
      These friends of yours sound like idiots. Sorry, no offense meant, but, not paying at a restaurant is stealing. Stealing from not just the restaurant, but the server as well.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
        If the owner is that serious about stopping it he can always arrange it so that the customer has to pay up front before getting their food.
        One of our local cafes does this. It's only open for lunch and breakfast, you order and pay at the counter but food comes to the table. It's a very basic place (but cheap, and decent food ) and I don't know if they do that for convenience or to stop theft.

It certainly does stop SCs though - I was in there once when this very rough looking homeless guy wanted a cup of tea. When they asked him to pay up front he started shouting etc. about how they were discriminating against him because he was homeless. So S (the woman who mostly serves and sometimes cooks - accompanied by her husband T who mostly cooks and sometimes serves) just looked at him and said "Everyone pays first. No money - no food". I swear everyone in there was swivelled round ready to say that we all paid first* - but she had it handled. He left, didn't seem to have the money

(*We like our local cafe. And they really don't discriminate. Along with staff from our office their main customers appear to be builders and those with mental health problems. A local man who spent all day wandering up and down the road saying hello to everyone recently died, he was a regular there and they actually went to his funeral. They're really good people).

Victoria J

Comment

hopefully, karma revisits them with some sort of foodborne illness, causing them to try and sue your restaurant, only to find themselves in court for theft.

bastards...and i also think it was a group effort; you are who you hang out with.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            He told me that, in his mind, it's different than walking into Wal-mart and stealing something because in the case of dine and dash he's doing it to retaliate against the restaurant rather than just stealing for the thrill of it like at Wal-mart.
            So if some store does something to me I don't like, like refusing a return or running out of something I want, do I get to gank stuff from them in retaliation?

I'd like to see this friend of yours try explaining that to a judge.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              So if some store does something to me I don't like, like refusing a return or running out of something I want, do I get to gank stuff from them in retaliation?

I'd like to see this friend of yours try explaining that to a judge.
              So would I

And if he keeps going the way he has been, I might just get to see it before too long.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post

About 10 minutes walking later I turn to my mother, and I was going to ask "How much was it ?", but instead the penny dropped and I asked in horror - "Did we actually pay?". And her face turned as horrified as mine and we rushed back.
                That happened to me and my mom...
                WITH A CAR.

We were at the SAAQ getting the plates for it when mom shouted "OMG SHIRO WE DIDN'T PAY FOR THE CAR!"

Yeaaaah. That looks nice when I'm trying to buy plates for a car I don't own.
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                X