Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the World of Customer Service...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the World of Customer Service...

..is what my husband said to me after I told him this story. Which them proceeded to piss me off...b/c ive been in Customer Service for YEARS. All through high school I had retail/mall jobs and even post high school, in the hospital Ive always dealt with patients (aka customers) b/c they ARE customers...they can always go somewhere else for their healthcare...but to be honest, my hospital rocks..so why would they?

/rant.... Story time.:

I get to work Thursday @ 3pm. Apparently it has started raining shit at about 2:30pm and I was just walking right into it. Lucky me.

Without violating HIPPA and getting myself fired..basically, something happened to a patient which shouldnt have happened..but unfortunately shit does happen. Especially b/c this particular patient was very very very confused and didnt know where he was or why, which means he wasnt listening to anything anyone told him..

Patient was also in a full on rant about Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Office 2009, all the while metioning he had Xray glasses and giving me an appraising look....lol. (yeah, that confused..lol)

Anywho, so I walk in and am handling extra orders for this patient d/t what had happened...(pt was not injured btw) when his family comes at about 4:30pm. I walk over and intro myself, I also mention what happened to the patient.

Well holy fuck..you think I wouldve told them that I personally shot the pope.

His wife tears into me. "WHY WASNT SOMEONE HERE, YOU SHOULDVE KNOWN THIS WOULD HAPPEN. ITS WELL DOCUMENTED (actually its not) THAT HE (X) WHEN HE GETS (Y). THE DOCTOR KNEW...RAWWWRRRRGHHHH." and on and on for about 10 minutes.

I listen, b/c after all I understand that shes upset. I answer every question possibly imaginable and offer to send in the Charge nurse (CN), who also happened to be the nurse that was with the p/t when stuff went down.

So...I send CN in to talk to her .. and after about 15 minutes, CN comes back out and it happened to be time for another medication for the patient so Im heading back in.

And the family tears into me again..asking me THE SAME DAMN QUESTIONS I JUST ANSWERED 15 MINUTES AGO. They also ask when theyre going to see whos in charge. I answered that the girl in charge was just here..? and then they yell at me again..."THAT LITTLE GIRL IS THE CHARGE!! (shes about 5'7 and Im 5'1..so little? ) SHE WAS HIDING HER BADGE, I DONT KNOW WHO SHE WAS. I THOUGHT SHE WAS AN AIDE...BLARGHHH..." and once again on and on.

Of course, i stand there once again and listen as they yell. And they pull the infamous "Oh, i know its not your fault but RAWWWWWRGH" bit. They also keep asking me to tie the patient to the bed... no, i wont...its fuckin illegal. Also, calling the patient stupid to his face and adding (from the wife) that she shouldve divorced the patient a long time ago...while the patient is laying there. Thank God hes confused....

This lasted for the 4 hrs they were there that day visiting. They then thanked me profusely on their way out the door....

They made my 12 hr shift seem like 24 hrs. By 3am...I was freaking exhausted.

Apparently it has started raining shit at about 2:30pm and I was just walking right into it. Lucky me
    Next time don't forget your umbrella..
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Next time don't forget your umbrella..
      And your galoshes and rain slicker. That way, the crap just rolls right off 'ya.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X