Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The customers REALLY want me to stay (sarcasm!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bramble View Post
    ...... There are no words... Old Man or not say something like that around me and see what happens when you make Bramble angry.
    is there maybe [hopefully] something like the ADA [Americans with Disabilities Act] over there that ensures that disabled people have rights to access public venues?

That man was a total freaking asshat, someone should point out to him that when he gets very *very* old he may get dementia and do stuff like that in public ....
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      is there maybe [hopefully] something like the ADA [Americans with Disabilities Act] over there that ensures that disabled people have rights to access public venues?
      Disabilities Discrimination Act.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        :
        Quoth rvdammit View Post
        Disabilities Discrimination Act.
        Yep - which would make my response something along the lines of "We are legally obliged not to refuse service due to someone's disability. There is no obligation to serve arseholes."

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          One of the disabled guys once took my hand when I was handing him back the receipt and gave me a kiss on the knuckles. I just looked bewildered.
          Long ago I used to work at a big gas station/convenience store (Mohawk, for you westerners). There were a number of group homes in the area for mentally disabled adults, and they often came in to buy smokes, sandwiches, etc. Rarely had any trouble with them, but there was one absolutely adorable old guy with Downes who had the most beautiful smile, and he loved the girls that worked in my store. He was always polite, almost painfully so, and every time you'd hand him his change he'd very gently take your hand and bow over it before he kissed it. I think he saw it in a movie once and thought it was extra special manners.

Miss that guy.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
            Long ago I used to work at a big gas station/convenience store (Mohawk, for you westerners). There were a number of group homes in the area for mentally disabled adults, and they often came in to buy smokes, sandwiches, etc. Rarely had any trouble with them, but there was one absolutely adorable old guy with Downes who had the most beautiful smile, and he loved the girls that worked in my store. He was always polite, almost painfully so, and every time you'd hand him his change he'd very gently take your hand and bow over it before he kissed it. I think he saw it in a movie once and thought it was extra special manners.

Miss that guy.
            Awwwww! That is so sweet!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

(Mohawk, for you westerners).
              As a complete threadjack... how many people have actually heard of Mohawk
              seriously I have only seen one, and it wasn't that large, and it was in South Salt Lake.

Back on topic, I have never had a single problem with anyone with disabilities... hell, I used to have a roommate with a slight case of torettes (sp?)... I think these people who are raising a fuss need to just get over themselves
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                As a complete threadjack... how many people have actually heard of Mohawk
                seriously I have only seen one, and it wasn't that large, and it was in South Salt Lake.
                It was/is? a chain based in either BC or Alberta, I can't remember anymore. That was 20 years ago on the other side of the continent. I'm a little surprised there was one in Utah, maybe it's not the same company? The company colors were stripes of royal blue, tan, purple and orange. Pink might have been in there, not sure sure anymore.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  Pasta Bake Bitch

A dumb looking blonde walks up to the bar.

SC: Hi there, can I order the pasta bake please?

We go through the motions, where she is sitting ect ect, and I complete the order. All is well...until about eight minutes later.

SC: Can you cancel that pasta bake please?
                  Me: Oh, I'm pretty sure it's just about ready. Why do you want to cancel it?
                  SC: I've ordered pasta by mistake. I don't like pasta.
                  Me: You ordered a pasta bake when you don't like pasta?
                  SC: I know, I didn't realise...I would like to order something else.

I look over and see a co-worker walking out of the kitchen with her food.

Me: Well, if you want to order something else you are going to have to pay for it.
                  SC: Can't I just swap for something else?
                  Me: No, that food is going to get wasted now.
                  SC: Oh...I guess I'll have to eat it then.

A co-worker cleared her table.

CW: And how was your pasta bake?
                  SC: Lovely thanks!
                  Me:
                  Now if we were friends and coworkers, I'd actually arrange something like this just to fuck with you. Hell, I might even pull it off myself

CH
                  Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

I'm a little surprised there was one in Utah, maybe it's not the same company? The company colors were stripes of royal blue, tan, purple and orange. Pink might have been in there, not sure sure anymore.
                    It probably isn't the same company. the salt lake location doesn't look at all like your description.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                    X