This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberry = Mould

A lady waves me over to her table. She and her husband have bought a couple of muffins.

SC: Your muffins are mouldy!
    Me: Really?? *I know for a fact they are fresh* Can I just take a look?
    SC: Look!

Oh boy.

Me: Ma'am...that's a blueberry.
    SC: No it's not! It's mooouullld!
    SC2: Why would anyone put a blueberry in a muffin???
    Me: They're quite a popular flavour. Did you not check the type when you bought it?
    SC: Well, how many types of muffins can there be?
    Me: Quite a few I believe.

She huffed. I walked away and carried on what I was doing. A bit later, I went to clear her table. The muffins have been eaten.

SC: I am going to complain to your boss about you! That was mould, and I know it!
    Me: So you ate the whole thing?
    SC: Don't answer back! I am going to write to the press about you!

They put their coats on and left.

I told my dad this story. He was shaking his head as I told him.

Dad: You need to get out of there. In the 35 years I have been working, I don't think I have even encountered the level of stupidity you do.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    Me: Ma'am...that's a blueberry.
    SC: No it's not! It's mooouullld!
    SC2: Why would anyone put a blueberry in a muffin???
    I'm going to spend the next 30 seconds at my desk here with my face in my palm, in your honour.

Comment

... but blueberry... that's the only flavor WORTH eating.

Ditto with scones.

THERE IS ONLY THE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN!
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

So they're going ot tell the press... what, exactly? That your shop sells mouldy muffins that are good enough to eat?

Personally, I'd have held onto aforementioned "blueberry" muffin until I could show it to the press, and by then it would have been mouldy.

Oh, yeah, and I agree: Blueberry is the only muffin that ever need be made... well, blueberry and lemon poppyseed. Heavenly!
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post

Personally, I'd have held onto aforementioned "blueberry" muffin until I could show it to the press, and by then it would have been mouldy.
          There was nothing left! They ate the whole thing despite their protests that it was mouldy!

Comment

I meant, hold onto it after showing you that it was "mouldy" and having you deny it.

The fact that they claimed to not believe you and ate it anyway is just naaaasty.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
              ... but blueberry... that's the only flavor WORTH eating.

Ditto with scones.

THERE IS ONLY THE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN!
              Hey! Quit hogging all the blueberry muffins.

*snatches one off the plate*

And now you had to go and mention scones . . . I just might have to make a stop at Starbuck's to see if they have any.

Better still, I'm sure I can find a recipe online so I can make my own. . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                ... but blueberry... that's the only flavor WORTH !
                blueberry may be the gold standard but the best? raspberry White chocolate.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  blueberry may be the gold standard but the best? raspberry White chocolate.
                  ::drools at the mere idea:: I'll have to find this.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Mmm, blueberry pancakes. I want some.
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Wow, that must've been some pretty good mold. Wonder what your actual flavors taste like, if they ate the mold ones.
                      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                      Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Calud View Post
                        Wow, that must've been some pretty good mold. Wonder what your actual flavors taste like, if they ate the mold ones.
                        I know right? I can only imagine!

Comment

You all are making me hungry...

I love when people do stuff like that. If it was all moldy, why would you eat it?
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

This reminds me of a family inside joke.

One time my little sister, who was probably around 9 at the time, didn't want what we were having for dinner, so she went to look in the fridge, where she saw some leftover pancakes. She said, "Well, I'd eat a pancake, but they're blueberry ones and I don't like those." My mom said, "I didn't make blueberry pancakes," and we quickly realized it was mold and had a good laugh. From that point on, whenever we heard about or saw anything mold, we'd say it grew blueberries

Comment

You silly. She wanted free food and you didn't play along with her game. Tut tut.
                              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                              X