Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm closed... sir.. I'm closed. SIR I'M CLOSED... ah screw it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth simplyanother View Post
    I had a customer tell me once "you KNOW, they don't legally HAVE to give you a break...". Bitch.
    Um, except that they do! Man someone needs to read up on his law books.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
      Um, except that they do! Man someone needs to read up on his law books.
      Depends on the state and locality, unfortunately. Here, only under-18's get mandated breaks.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Depends on the state and locality, unfortunately. Here, only under-18's get mandated breaks.

Really? *reads up on laws* Oh...wow I always thought breaks were mandatory. Interesting.....

Comment

I had someone DEMAND to pay at a lane without a till or cashier. Now if their were huge lines I could see that, but their were none. All i was doing was tossing a paper towel in the trash.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
            Really? *reads up on laws* Oh...wow I always thought breaks were mandatory. Interesting.....
            In Texas, breaks are not legally required, period. I consider myself extremely lucky to get a 30 minute paid lunch break every day at my current job (though if we leave the property, we do have to clock out and thus don't get paid for it).

Comment

Working...
            X