Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First post- Taking candy from strangers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post- Taking candy from strangers.

This didn't happen to me, but it happened to my little sister who works with me.

My sister was working, but I had the day off. Since she's too young to drive I went to pick her up from work at around 9:15, since we close at nine. After about ten minutes, I saw a man walk out with a big pile of frames and leave. I remembered him because he's always coming into the store ten minutes before closing and trying to flirt with all the girls.

When she finally got out of work, she told me that he wouldn't leave no matter how many times they reminded him they were closed, and he made her ring up every frame as a separate purchase. He flirted with her the whole time, which is enough of a problem since she's still jailbait, and hes at least twenty-five years older than her. The worst part though, was that after he was done, he gave her a piece of candy for being so "sweet".

I thought after sixteen years I wouldn't have to worry about giving her the "Don't take candy from strangers" lecture.

Ugh. Forcing separate transactions to get more flirting time? What a creeper.

*mod-note* Can we please not have anyone taking this on a "it's okay to have an age difference" tangent?
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post

*mod-note* Can we please not have anyone taking this on a "it's okay to have an age difference" tangent?
      seperate transactions - ugh

age difference - I'll save my opinions for general situations for fratching but in this case, EWW!

Comment

The age difference doesn't matter anyway - it's every bit as creepy for one of her peers to:

1. Force attention on someone trapped at work.
        2. Force them to spend more time on you with inane requests.
        3. Make them nervous or apprehensive by showing up around closing.
        4. Offering them gifts and/or insincere flattery.

16 or 60, these are all pretty lame.

Welcome aboard craftmafia!

Comment

Creepy. I hope a coworker was on-hand nearby. No matter how "adult" your sis seems, she's still a minor and is learning the ways of employment/the real world. Most of these guys are totally harmless, but this was just....creepy.

At least she's getting the experience now, since these types of experiences are bound to happen again. Be sure to warn her about the guy who likes to "accidentally" rub his hand against hers when he's handing over money. I seem to get that one a lot.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post

If he's in his 20s and she is too young to drive I'm not sure how anybody could defend that. I'm 6 years older then my fiancee but I wouldn't have started dating her when she was 15, even though I could have bought her beer and thus been the coolest boyfriend a 15 year old could have.

Comment

Hee, there's an older gentleman who walks where I work every morning. We know him as Candy Man because he always has mints on him, and brings in fudge for my coworkers and me all the time. Nice guy, always has a story about the trips he's taken with his family. Not at all like mr. frame creeper!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Since he was in his 40's (you said at least 25 years older?) she should have smiled sweetly and asked 'You do know I am jailbait, don't you? And my Daddy is REALLY protective thankfully."
                Just might have turned him off (the protective daddy).

Comment

Or simply "You have gray hair like my Dad."

Brutal beatings were invented for slime like this.

Comment

She should talk to the manager about it if it made her uncomfortable maybe they could make sure there is another ((MALE)) cashier on stand by for when this guy comes into the store next time... so they can be like "OH so-and-so I need to take a 5 cover the registers for me"

...Mr. Creepy Pants would be oh so sad....

...I've had a creepy old man give me candy once.... I threw it away the second he turned his back. One of my other customers saw this and asked me why I would do something like that the only response I had was "It may have been a nice gesture, but mother always said to never take candy from strangers"
                    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                    -Red

Comment

My problem with the age isn't the difference, its that she doesn't even look 18 yet. I have no problem with dating older guys, but that's because i'm legal.

She couldn't call anyone else to take him because all the other registers were closed at that point, but I told her if anyone makes her uncomfortable at all she should call a manager to come up and stand with her.

Comment

Welcome to CS!

I can see the call now, tho.."I need a manager and a cop to Register seven..."
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          Welcome to CS!

I can see the call now, tho.."I need a manager and a cop to Register seven..."
                          First, thanks!
                          Second, I actually have the cell phone number for the security guard that patrols the marketplace, I'm gonna give it to her so if he tries anything super creepy she can text him and he'll be there in a second. He doesn't get a lot to do, he loves when we provide distractions

Comment

Working...
                          X