This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And he returns!

So the guy from this thread http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=45209 came back to our store the other night. (third story down, the one involving the guy going into express with more than 15 items)

This time though, he did the same thing to my coworker. (came through with more than the express lane limit and kicked up a fuss saying he didn't like our attitudes.)

With a LOT of people around.

When the complaint rolled around this time, CW was forced to apologise UNTIL the guy started ripping into him. At that point, the NMOD (our nightfill manager, NMOD gets shared between front end, nightfill, groceries, perishables and the three upper managers) realised that something was up. CW was sent on break after that to cool down. The guy left, no threat that he wouldn't shop here again.

I wound up hearing some account of it later on and something actually clicked for me. I'd served the guy before and he did the exact same thing to me.
    Fortunately, we do carry the right to refuse service to anyone provided it's non-discriminatory, so if the douchebag comes back, I am refusing service and so is the CW.

The CW won't get in trouble either. NMOD said he won't say anything to our manager about the incident (and neither will the sup for that night), but I will if he comes back. To me, he sounds like someone who gets a kick out of abusing the staff by leading them into the fight. We might have enough grounds to ban him, but I won't know for sure.

(when the incident in the story happened above, my SM was standing there, so the guy didn't lodge a complaint. I checked with the SM though and he said that I do have a right to refuse service and the guy was a douche. We don't take customers with more than 15 items through express after closing time either if express is quiet. Usually what WILL happen is that other people get sent out to the big lanes to speed the process up. They wanna waste our time by hanging around after close? We'll simply waste theirs...we get paid for it )
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I love the fact that he's chosen the express lane (emphasis on express), but has wasted employee time (and his own) in an argument about a rule that is simple to follow unless you're a douchebag, which by all accounts sounds as if he is.

I bet the following showdown, should he come back through express, will be something to remember!

Comment

Quoth stargirl195 View Post
      I love the fact that he's chosen the express lane (emphasis on express), but has wasted employee time (and his own) in an argument about a rule that is simple to follow unless you're a douchebag, which by all accounts sounds as if he is.

I bet the following showdown, should he come back through express, will be something to remember!
      I think he interprets express as being "employees with a super-fast scan rate" as opposed to quicker service because of the limit.

But still, the guy is a douchebag. Even the Nightfill Manager called him that, and so did the SM (not with those words though).
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X