This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's so true, whenever something good happens something bad has to happen in turn. (You can check my off-topic thread for the good)

A little background: our students can rate their lessons on a scale between 1 and 5, 3 being "decent." New teachers are OK with 3's, while the senior teachers hate them. 2's and 1's are bad, student gets refunded, and the teacher usually gets a talking to.

So I checked my page last night: three 5's, three 4's, and three 3's (it was a decent month for me)

I checked it just now, and some butt gave me a two! GAH why would this happen?? I had an awesome day yesterday, as far as I can tell. Of the students I had, only one makes me worry. I had a student whose record says "do not smile. No compliments."

Uh huh. Basically that means I have to be the most boring I've ever been.

She looked like she was very pleased with the lesson. While I kept myself in a professional manner, she was laughing and quite happy. I may have let a smile slip once or twice. DAMN IT WOMAN, JUST STOP HAVING FUN THEN.

TWO ING DAYS LEFT at this job, and this is what happens. GAHHHHHH THIS MAKES ME ANGRY

But I'll wait to lay blame until my manager tells me who.
    No good news is good bad news

Ok now I'm just more angry.

I asked my manager what the deal was. Apparently, some student decided that yesterday she was going to submit three bad reviews scattered throughout the month. The lesson I got that 2 for was on November 7th.

WHAT THE HELL?? How do you remember the 7th?! I don't remember 2 lessons ago! This pisses me off so, because now that I'm done working, I can't do anything about it. Teachers can challenge the ratings if they feel it's unfair. I'm not a teacher anymore, so stained goes my record. I want to cry.

Comment

Ok, first I would ask what it matters anymore? I understand professional pride, but then again, why let one twip ruin your good vibes?

Another thing to keep in mind: there will always be jerks. You could put a hundred people in a room, give them $100 each for free, and I bet at least one will complain for no better reason than the guy next to them got a new bill and they didn't. Try to let it go, and enjoy your post-teaching life.

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

That's ridiculous. She just decided to give out bad ratings, because she could?

Even if you're leaving, can you still challenge it?
        0 Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care, thou are the object of desire to the scholar. This is the beverage of the friends of God. -In Praise of Coffee, 1511

Daranacon - because we're not crazy enough

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          Ok, first I would ask what it matters anymore? I understand professional pride, but then again, why let one twip ruin your good vibes?

Another thing to keep in mind: there will always be jerks. You could put a hundred people in a room, give them $100 each for free, and I bet at least one will complain for no better reason than the guy next to them got a new bill and they didn't. Try to let it go, and enjoy your post-teaching life.

Thanks for the support. It's just, I intend to come back here (with time and experience, a teacher can make some gooooood money). I'd like to have had a relatively clean record to come back to.

Quoth LdyJedi View Post
          That's ridiculous. She just decided to give out bad ratings, because she could?

Even if you're leaving, can you still challenge it?
          I've had one student give me a bad rating because I didn't speak enough Japanese. LADY, we're trained not to use Japanese during the lessons! Did you miss that part of your counseling session? I mean, I can't imagine you'd blow $4000 and not listen to how we operate.

It's mostly a matter of pride. I take pride in believing that if I slip into a new job, I can learn to do it well. Teaching English was very good for me. Sure, there are always crappy students, but for the most part we have very fun clients.

Edit: For those students who actually want to use Japanese (the two out of several hundred that I've had during my employment), there are special notes in their records. It's not like it's impossible to communicate this information beforehand.

Comment

I know how you feel

I was doing a presentation in high school once and the teacher said to everyone that if the presenation ran short, that they were not to penalize the person for it. That was her - being the teacher's - job.

My presentation ran a few minutes short and of course, I got nailed for it by virtually every single person in the class. I wanted to scream at the lot of them. Still pisses me off to this day.
            "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
            - Raven

Comment

Mark got dinged by an attendee at a seminar he gave at a trade show. The only reason given was that there wasn't enough variety in the bagels provided and no ice for the orange juice.

Since Mark didn't provide the food, it didn't make any sense to give him grief about it.

And think about it. If you are going to give every aspect of someone's presentation a failing score (preparedness, materials, clarity, etc.), why would the only written comment you make be about the food?
              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                And think about it. If you are going to give every aspect of someone's presentation a failing score (preparedness, materials, clarity, etc.), why would the only written comment you make be about the food?
                Maybe the lack of ice really ruined their day/hour/week/month/holiday/life/future, etc.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Cryptic survey results could also be an indicator to a broken survey design. Perhaps the bagel complainer thought that the other ratings...were.....self..........explanatory...... ............

ormaybehewasjustanidiot.

You can put your rotten tomatoes down now.
                  "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                  -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
                  X