This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And here I thought *I* was bad with directions

I'd say about eight out of ten persons that ask for directions to my store understand the basic concept on how to get to said store, even if they're a tourist. Most tourists that I've encountered over the phone understand the simple logic behind "the store is located by Road X and Road Y, across from Wally-World and from Big Home Improvement Store". Seriously, even giving a few extra directions by other known landmarks helps them a lot.

Not the guy I tried to help get directions yesterday. I think I spent almost ten minutes on the phone with him, trying to tell him that he was on the very north end of <place where I live> and that he was at the wrong Wally-World. Hell, I don't think it registered in his mind the fact that I told him point-blank that there were at least half a dozen Wally-Worlds within a forty-five mile radius. His comeback? "Well, you told me it was by Wally World!" Yea, I told you it was by one but you're at the wrong one! He finally said he'd use his GPS to find us, don't know if he did or not.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that because he was a tourist that he didn't know where to go and understand the fact, as a former tourist of this lovely tourist trap turned year-round resident. But when you, as a potential customer, spend close to ten minutes arguing on the phone with someone who does know where you're supposed to go and don't listen, don't expect a lot of extra sympathy.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Wouldn't you use the GPS first and then if you couldn't find it (some places are a little hidden) then you can call and ask for directions

Comment

but then you couldn't complain at someone
      and then show up and demand a discount if you didn't like the directions they gave

Comment

I always carry around my GPS. It is on my iPhone 3G. Atleast with me, I will look online before or in a telephone book before hand.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

wow...GPS and still gets lost...That's impressive...Most impressive...

Comment

Working...
          X