This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let GO! (short 'n sweet)

Yesterday was truck day at Aid of Rite. I was in cosmetics putting stuff away when out of the corner of my eye some older guy comes up to me, grabs my elbow and begins hauling me away from the display, saying, "C'mon, let's go, you're stealing those, step away from the display".

Me: *starts to pull arm away, begin opening mouth to say "Please let go of my arm"*

The guy drops my arm and then scurries off, still chuckling at himself.

Later, when he comes up to cash out and goes through coworker's line, I give him the best DEATH GLARE I can muster.

And I also introduced Store Manager to the word "twatwaffle" when I was telling her this yesterday.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Sorry.. not following.. some creepy guy with a horribly inappropriate attempt at flirting? How does "truck day" figure in?
    I will never go to school!

Comment

I think Ralerin was stocking shelves, as a result of the truck coming in with products.
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I'm going to assume that they got a truck of new products to put on the shelf? ?? ??
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

It was just a stupid joke. Guy grabs Ralerin, who was presumably in store uniform, and accuses her of stealing the merchandise she is stocking.

Could be mildly funny, if he hadn't committed assault in the process.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

You should never have to put up with that stupid crap, even if the guy is joking around with you. I would've told him, "Sir, you have exactly 1 second to remove your arm before I break it." Ok not really, but I would most definitely want to say it. I would've told the manager in a heartbeat and gotten this moron in trouble. He may think its alright to go around and grabbing people, but its not. If he thinks he can get away with it, next time he'll start grabbing you in other places.
            You might also want to try, "Take your hands off me before I call the police." I'm pretty sure that will get him to back off.

Comment

I freak out(in the inside) if a customer even pats me on the shoulder or something. If someone did that to me I'd probably freak out on them.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
                You should never have to put up with that stupid crap, even if the guy is joking around with you.
                But BowserKoopa1 - Remember, 'Dear (Clueless) Abby' sez it's ok to grab retail employees.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  It was just a stupid joke. Guy grabs Ralerin, who was presumably in store uniform, and accuses her of stealing the merchandise she is stocking.

Exactly what happened. =/ At least he hadn't gotten any more physical, otherwise his nose would have met my fist.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

At least yall didn't have a customer smack you on the hand. I had a lady do this to me at 1 of my jobs 2 years ago. It didn't hurt, but still, totally uncalled for. That really me off. Without cussing her out, I voiced my disapproval to both her and her friend. While her friend was somewhat shocked that she did it, the lady wasn't even the least bit sorry that she did it. does she think gives her the right to go around smacking employees like this?! I was very close to throwing her out of the store.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post

If that had been me I would be using phrases such as 'self defense', 'I'm short and the groin is easy to reach', and 'you sure I can't mace him again?' to the police officer in charge of taking my statement.

That'll teach them what I think of their 'jokes'.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I'm sure the guy thinks of himself as quite the card.

This is a type of "humor", or so I understand.

Certain types of humor I fail to get. This is one of them. Unfortuately, I have family members who are constantly saying this sort of thing to me, and then get flustered when I don't realize they're trying to be "funny."

You'd think after forty+ years, a person might figure out what type of humor works on me and what type doesn't. I would think they'd get sick of blank stares or confused questions, but hey, shows what I know.

I had employees at Kinko's say stuff like this, too, but fortunately, none have dared grab me in the process.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
                          At least yall didn't have a customer smack you on the hand. I had a lady do this to me at 1 of my jobs 2 years ago. It didn't hurt, but still, totally uncalled for. That really me off. Without cussing her out, I voiced my disapproval to both her and her friend. While her friend was somewhat shocked that she did it, the lady wasn't even the least bit sorry that she did it. does she think gives her the right to go around smacking employees like this?! I was very close to throwing her out of the store.
                          I was chatting with a guy today who witnessed a scene at the service desk that disgusted him so much he wanted a number to call corporate to tell them off for letting the employees be treated like that. Some jerk was trying to return an item that wasn't even from our store and was screaming at the person behind the desk, who just got a manager rather than deal with him. And the guy SHOVED the manager for also refusing the return!

I couldn't decide whether to go at the story or at the guy who wanted to report the incident.

I worked at the service desk at the Bullseye for a year and a half and only twice did I think a customer was angry enough to hit me. The first time our security guy noticed and was right at the woman's elbow for the transaction, and the second time the wide counter and me taking a step back solved the problem...but really, it shouldn't happen EVER!
                          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                          X