Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't all wanna be big rock stars living in hilltop houses driving 15 cars

So tomorrow night we've got a reservation for a group of 4 guys that'll be performing in a bar not far from us. They're not too famous...yet. Anyways, the manager called and asked if they could check in at midnight tonight. I tell them that we could, but since it's still part of tonight we'd have to charge an extra night.

Manager did not like this one bit. He first tried the old argument that since it's the next calender day, that we should only charge them for one night.

He then gives me a sob story about how they'll be performing tonight and won't want to have to sleep in their van. I told the manager again that I have two options.

Mgr: Come on! You don't want my guys sleeping in their van do you?"
    Me: No I do not. But as I said eariler, we have two options. We can get you checked in a night early or we can get you a check in of about 12pm or 1. (2-3 hours before our checkin time)

He then gave me this spiel how if they're not well rested then the band won't perform well, thus ruining their careers and his.

He asked to talk to a manager, but there won't be one until tomorrow morning. It sure must suck to be a rockstar.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

They should've aspired to be gangstas. I hear that feels good.

Comment

The manager doesn't want them sleeping in the van? He wants them sleeping in nice, comfy hotel beds? Amazing! You happen to rent nice comfy hotel beds designed for sleeping through the night. Which means he has to pay for the night in question.

Oh wait, he considers tonight part of tomorrow (since it's after midnight). That's okay too! Checkout is at 11AM and any checkouts after 1pm are charged the full rate for a 2nd night, because the housekeepers leave then and the room can't be rented to anyone else. So what the guy really wanted was to move the date of his reservation up one day.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

amateur manager that is trying to make cuts wherever he can so that he can get more of a percentage of the profits.

Comment

I've had friends in bands (that have went from going nowhere to getting some cd's/North american tours etc. so fairly well). and sleeping in a van/on the floor is part of the experience!

whiny managers suck.
          Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Mgr: Come on! You don't want me sleeping in the van do you?"
            There we go, fixed on what he was really trying to say.

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
              I've had friends in bands (that have went from going nowhere to getting some cd's/North american tours etc. so fairly well). and sleeping in a van/on the floor is part of the experience!

whiny managers suck.
              Yeah, everyone whose made it big has the story of nights on the road sleeping in the van.

This manager knows exactly what he's doing. I'm sure he plays this game everywhere they go just so he can justify his paycheque and existence.
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
              Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                Yeah, everyone whose made it big has the story of nights on the road sleeping in the van.

This manager knows exactly what he's doing. I'm sure he plays this game everywhere they go just so he can justify his paycheque and existence.
                Or the roadie who rebuilds the van brakes... and always has extra parts!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hey, hey they wanna be big rock stars.......
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                  X