This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest PIN ever

a woman came up to the register, I rang her up and she wanted to pay with a card. She swipes it through, then stares at the pinpad. I tell her to press cancel for credit. She decides to stick with debit, then proceeds to type in the longest PIN ever. She just keeps pushing...Finally I ask her if she needs help. She looks up and asks, "I'm supposed to put my phone number in, right?"...um, no. Besides, I don't know of any numbers that have 25 digits in them. I suspect she just liked pressing buttons.

Lady grabs a gift card
    SC: Is there any money on this?
    Me: No, would you like to put some on there?
    SC: Can you just check?
    Me:...ok (I run it through) nope, no money on here.
    SC: How about this one? (Hands me another card)
    Me: No
    SC: How about...
    Me: Ma'am, none of those cards have money on them. You may add some if you want.
    SC: Naw (Apparently she came back and gave my CW a gift card, then flipped when it came up empty. She said there was supposed to be $50 on there and we better fix it. Yeah right)

SC drops a vase on the ground. He looks at the broken glass, then up at the bin that says "damages 75% off." He picks up the piece that has the price sticker on it and PUTS IT IN THE DAMAGE BIN! Are you a fucking idiot? Really, you must be a moron. People are going to stick their hands in there. I tell him he has to pay for it. He insists that he should get 75% off because it's damaged. It doesn't work that way. Second time someone's broken stuff right by the register.

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
    Lady grabs a gift card
    SC: Is there any money on this?
    Wait, you mean, she grabbed a gift card, as in, one of those that are on display by the counter? What kind of a lame scammer / huge friggin' moron do you have to be to even ask if there's money on it?
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

You break it, you bought it

I've seen this mentioned a couple times this week and just wanted to point out that this policy is not legally enforcable in North America.

The only way you can make someone pay is if you can prove they broke it on purpose, though if you can, you can also have them charged with vandalism.
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
        You break it, you bought it

I've seen this mentioned a couple times this week and just wanted to point out that this policy is not legally enforcable in North America.

The only way you can make someone pay is if you can prove they broke it on purpose, though if you can, you can also have them charged with vandalism.
        We had one lady who definitely broke an item on purpose. She had a plastic bead holder and wanted 75% off because it "looked cheap and easily breakable." I informed her that it wouldn't break from normal use, it was quite sturdy. She slammed it on the ground, a corner broke off and she looked at me smugly and said "see." Slamming it on the ground does not count as normal use.

Comment

Working...
        X