This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled Dad and Coat Bitch...

It's been a looong couple of weeks at my shop... witness the inanity of entitlement and bitchiness...

Special Event Entitled Dad

Our store helped sponsor a special event to raise money for a great local charity. One of the parts of our special event was for kids. Everyone who signed up/donated got a free *fancybrand* tech tee. Turnout was much greater (yay!) than we even hoped and we ran out of *fancybrand* tech tees and started substituting *lessfancy* tech tee. Everyone was happy, except for this turd. Note that I was just a witness at the entry table.

ED: Entitled Dad
    EDK: Entitled Dad's Kid
    CW: Co-worker who didn't deserve this

ED: I'm here to enter my daughter for special event for kids.
    CW: Great, here's your info packet and your free tee.
    ED: *scrutinizes tee closely* This isn't *fancybrand* tee, this is *lessfancy*.
    CW: Yes, I'm sorry. We had such a great turnout we ran out. We started substituting them a little while ago as special event for kids starts in just a few minutes. *my note - so this guy has waited until the last possible minute as we've promoted this event for over two months and he's walking up 5 minutes before special event for kids*
    ED: Well, that's just unacceptable. Everyone else got *fancybrand* tech tees. My daughter wants a *fancybrand* tee.
    EDK: Dad, please. It's okay.
    ED: NO! Everyone got *fancybrand*. My daughter should get *fancybrand*.
    CW: Well, sir. Again, I'm sorry. We ran out. We do have *lessfancy* tee for your daughter. This is a great event for kids and the charity.
    EDK: Dad, *lessfancy* is okay with me.
    ED: That's not acceptable with me. Everyone else got *fancybrand*. *looks expectantly at CW*
    *at this point, my CW starts rummaging around in tee shirt box and digs out another tee- from my experience I know it is *lessfancy* tee, but it is a slightly different color than other *lessfancy* tees and looks more like *fancybrand* tee.
    CW: Here you go sir..
    ED: See honey (to EDK) you need to get what you deserve. You have to hold 'these people' to what they give everyone else*walks off, nose in the air*
    CW: Yup sir, you got what you deserve. A *lessfancy* tee.
    Everyone at the entry table laughed, shook our heads and watched the kids event begin. And the daughter? She was so embarassed by her father that she didn't even participate.

Coat Bitch

So, yesterday, it's pretty busy and we had a ton of associates on hand. I'm moving around my shop, greeting everyone and making sure all customers have been helped. I'm helping a young gal select a rain jacket and she needs to call dad on cell phone and check how much she can spend. No problem, I make a sweep through the shop and ensure everyone is taken care of. Enter Coat Bitch.

CB: Coat Bitch
    MoN: Me, MiddleofNowhere

MoN: *spies lady standing in men's section* Afternoon, ma'am. How are you doing?
    CB: Not very well, I've been waiting 15 minutes for help.
    MoN: *curses, that damn time/space anomaly that converts seconds to hours has struck again - knowing full well I was just through there 2-3 minutes ago* Okay ma'am, how can I help?
    CB: What's with all these jackets here? *waves her hand at entire wall of different types/weights of jackets*
    Me: Well, what type of coat are you looking for? Winter? Something for Rain?
    CB:....
    MoN: ...
    MoN: Well, this coat here is more for rain, not that it's nylon with no liner. This one here is a winter, windproof coat. And this one has a zip out liner so you can wear it several ways. Who is the coat for?
    CB: ...
    MoN: Okay...ummm.. I'm just going to check on my customer over here and be right back. *I step back to my first customer, get her all decided on a coat and get her on her way, another minute, minute and a half.

I come back to CB and she's cornered one of my managers.
    CB: BLARGLE!!! ELEVENTY!!! I waited here over 20 minutes for help!!! And then your employee was RUDE and BLARGLE, BLARGLE!!! ELEVENTY!!! I was going to spend $300 dollars on a coat but you people obviously don't want to sell anything. You want a museum! BLARGLE!!! this happens everytime I come here!!! ELEVENTY!!!

So, now we've elevated to 20 minutes without help, I was rude, she was going to spend $$$, blah, blah, blah. Sorry, I didn't throw laurels at your feet when I first said hello. But, when I start my spiel and you don't help by ANSWERING my questions, I'm not going to be able to HELP YOU! BITCH!
    Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

Well didn't you know she was sending it to you telepathically? You didn't get the messages? She can't help it if you're not psychic.

And what the hell is it with people and "these people"? Geeze, retail folks are not subhuman.....What's next, are they going to start making you wear little pieces of material that identify you...Oh wait...never mind.

Comment

Quoth MiddleofNowhere View Post
      BLARGLE!!! this happens everytime I come here!!! ELEVENTY!!!
      How's that quotation go...? "The only common factor in all of your unsatisfying customer service relationships is you" ...?
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Entitled Dad's Kid had more sense than Daddy Dearest. I don't get how good kids like that come from such asshole parents like that, but I'm just glad she's got a good head on her shoulders. The coat bitch could use a good to the head....nah, fuck it. A good ol' CLUE BY FOUR would work better.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          Entitled Dad's Kid had more sense than Daddy Dearest. I don't get how good kids like that come from such asshole parents like that
          Good old-fashioned teenage rebellion. In some cases, such as this, it's actually a very good thing.

That coat bitch...she complains about having to wait so long, then refuses to answer your questions (Was she staring at you with CBF or looking away and ignoring you?). Thus ensuring she'd have to wait longer. Dumbass.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
            A good ol' CLUE BY FOUR would work better.
            Nah, a *bat* would work better. They're easier to carry, plus there's that satisfying "thwack" when you send their head into the next county
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
              Well didn't you know she was sending it to you telepathically? You didn't get the messages? She can't help it if you're not psychic.
              I think the problem is that EWs keep confusing "psychic" with "psychotic."
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Nah, a *bat* would work better. They're easier to carry, plus there's that satisfying "thwack" when you send their head into the next county
                Buddy of mine is a big softball fiend, and last summer he spent a retarded amount of money on one of these:

http://falconsports.com/base/

The sound it makes when it hits a ball is a lot like what I imagine it would sound like if you smacked someone in the head with it.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth MiddleofNowhere View Post
                  But, when I start my spiel and you don't help by ANSWERING my questions, I'm not going to be able to HELP YOU! BITCH!
                  She was expecting you to go through each coat in the display, describing the various attributes, options, and prices of each in a bright, cheerful manner, you silly goose! You didn't expect her to actually TOUCH THE CLOTHING herself, did you? Well land sakes! Who ever HEARD of such a thing!?!

I've always found, in my experience, that the best place for customers like that is in somebody else's store. Preferably in another area code.
                  I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                  X