This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow though Process

I usually lurk more than post but I just got off the phone with this fella and had to share...

Me: uh.. me
    SC: going to give him the name Dummy Dan

Me:thanks for calling... (opening spiel)
    SC: I'd like to make a payment
    Me: do you have your policy # sir?
    SC: Nope! (Proudly said... kinda odd but ok..)
    Me: no problem, what state are you in?
    SC: I live in ::random city::
    Me: uh... is that ::state::?
    SC: yep

(gets his policy tracked down)

Me: ok sir will that be visa, mastercard...
    SC: CHECK!
    ME: I'm sorry sir but we can't do check by phone
    SC: I don't want to do check by phone, I want to use one of MY checks
    Me: ...

I spend 5 minutes explaining that using a check, even HIS check, over the phone would be a ::gasp:: check by phone. he thanks me, says he'll mail it in and we hang up

2 minutes later

Me: Hi thanks for blah blah...
    SC: I wanna use my VISA!!
    Me: uh... dan?
    SC: Yep:
    ME: ok well I still have your information up, I'll take your card number when you are ready.
    SC: DAN!
    me: yes I kow who you are, I just need the card number
    SC: Its Me DAN!

eventually I got him to make the payment and even got him a confirmation number but wow...

Now in the olden days, when the old Ma Bell phones had the mouthpieces, and earpieces that could be unscrewed from the receiver, you could have directed him to unscrew the mouthpiece on his phone, insert the filled out and signed check, screw the mouthpiece back on, blow hard, and just keep doing so .

You would then tell him, that you would unscrew the earpiece on your phone, and once you received the check, you'd let him know, and he could stop blowing.

Probably would have fallen for it!

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth SteveZim1017 View Post
      ME: I'm sorry sir but we can't do check by phone
      SC: I don't want to do check by phone, I want to use one of MY checks
      Me: ...
      Well, as long as he's using his own checks and not somebody else's, I'm sure it will be fine...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Had a guy this week tell me the name on his card said "Citbank". I had to explain that I was asking for the person's name on the card. When I asked if the billing address matched address XYZ, he tells me "I don't have an address on this card." Oy. What really got me? He owned his own repair business and still didn't know what I was asking.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
        X