Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh let's just try it anyways.... (kinda long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh let's just try it anyways.... (kinda long)

So, as all of you are aware I'm sure, it's back to school time. Granted schools in our area have been back in session for a week or so, we still have lots of teachers coming in and stocking up on clearanced items.

One of the districts in the area has a purchase order system set up with us, as do many other companies and organizations. We run into problems every year with this one district. The important thing to remember is, they have full control over limits and the like in this program. Needless to say, they always get declined because too many teachers shop on the same day, and blow the limit early on.

So now on to the suckiness.... So last week we had an overwhelming amount of teachers come in from the district, and by the afternoon, they've gone over the daily allowance and no more teachers can use the program. Well, two separate teachers each came up with two overflowing carts of school supplies and of course got declined, seeing as they had a ton of stuff, we offered to hold it overnight so they could come in the next day when the budget was reset. They agreed, and then never showed back up, but we held on to it because we know teachers are crazy busy at the beginning of the year.

Over the weekend this happened with at least two other teachers, so we called the district office and let them know the problems were were encountering, they informed us that a hold had been put on the accound and no funds would be available until the 8th and had passed the word to teachers. They then asked us to hold all the items until that point! Unfortunately our inventory was tonight and was impossible to hold 5-6 overflowing carts of items for another week, which was at least 1,500 dollars worth of items. We let the office know the items were being put back for said reasons, at which time she flipped out on me saying, I don't know why "you're" limiting us like this. To which I replied, "It is out of our control as to where you set your budgets for the teachers to spend" at which point she became quiet and said she would inform the affected teachers...

Fast forward to this afternoon, teacher comes to the register with an overflowing cart and presents a purchase order from the dreaded district and says, "They told me it wouldn't work, but I want to try it anyways." And she just smiles like she just "knows" it will work. Of course it fails, and she says, "Oh well you'll just hold it for me anyways, right?" and just walks off! I was so shocked she just walked out I didn't even have time to respond, needless to say it got put back away, and I'll be happy to deal with her when she comes back in, grrrr

Oooooh!

Keep us updated! Please!

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Oh I shall, I'm sure on the 8th, when the stop is lifted they'll all come in expecting us to still have it held, that'll be fun to explain that most the items they originally had are no longer there because they were clearance and already bought

Comment

Working...
      X