This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is just a simple question....

When we enter an address in our scheduling database no matter if it's a phone or inhome service call, we have to ask whether the address is a house or an apartment building.

This came about because many techs would fail to ask and the onsite tech would come to the apartment complex, and drive around like an asshole for 30 minutes because the order did not have the apartment #. The agent would call the customer to get it, but many times the customer will look at the number, not recognize it and won't answer. The agent would leave, and then the client will call us complaining that the agent never showed up.

You would think that this is a simple question, but SCs make it tougher than it needs to be. Here are some responses:

"Does it matter?!"

"No it's not an apartment! I live in a real home!"

"I don't want to give it to you (meaning the unit #). Just tell the agent to call me and I'll tell him."

"Obviously it's a house. I'm not poor!" (SLD's note: tell that to the wealthy people who live in New York City).

"Don't you think I would have given it to the cashier at the store already?"

Seriously, it's just a simple question.

I had a very confused comcast rep when I called to have my internet installed. me and 5 of my friends found this huge awesome house for rent, it was huge! so I decided to be the name guy for comcast. I call, they have the address on file and she asks what apartment i want it in... wait what? I tell her its a house. she says it says apartment and asks if I am sure. I look around... no its a house... no seperate mailboxes, no one hallway... its a house. she realizes the problem in a moment though. that sometimes houses are listed as apartments because a past landlord rented it as one. she said I could either A. change it to a house and have to wait 4 weeks to have the house reviewed again. or B. just say its an apartment to the rep she will transfer me to, and just have the cable guy install it on the first floor the coming weekend.

I obviously chose it keep it as an apartment lol

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
      "Obviously it's a house. I'm not poor!" (SLD's note: tell that to the wealthy people who live in New York City).

Recently I had to do a large and annoying mailout. One of the letters was going to an address on Central Park West. I know enough about NYC to know that's prime real estate, so I GoogleMapped it. Apartments in that building START at 750,000 USD.
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I didn't realize this was a common question, as I've only been asked that since we moved to this house.

There is a rather large apartment complex on the same street I live on. We'll call my street Stephanie Ave. The apartment complex is called Stephanie Club Apartments, and all of the addresses for the complex are on Stephanie Club Place.

I've had people on the phone "finish" my address for me when I say I live at 1197 Stephanie... they cut me off and say "Club Place?" No. Avenue. "oh, in the complex?" No. It's a house. "They have houses on Stephanie Club Place?" Grrr. I'm never rude about it, but after the 30th time it tends to get old.

Comment

I just bought a condo that is a recent conversion from apartments. Most of the 'official" addresses still list it as an apartment. The Comcast installer was at first hesitant to install a cable outlet in the bedroom, wanting to know if I had permission from the owner.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

A few replies:

Quoth sld72382 View Post
            "Does it matter?!"
            I don't ask stupid questions for my health.
            If I asked it, obviously it matters.
            The guy who's delivering your stuff is going to need it in order to show up at your door.

Quoth sld72382 View Post
            "No it's not an apartment! I live in a real home!"
            Because my apartment actually is, in fact, a virtual holodeck that is gigaquads more awesome than your real home will ever be.

And you're just jealous.

Quoth sld72382 View Post
            "I don't want to give it to you (meaning the unit #). Just tell the agent to call me and I'll tell him."
            Okay, you have two choices.

1) The easy way -- You can tell me the unit number and the guy delivering your stuff should arrive without fail.

2) We make it more difficult and do it your way. The guy delivering your stuff delivers LOTS of things per day and doesn't have time to mess around.
            He will call you once and let it ring 3 times. If there is no answer, he'll leave and your credit card will be charged $500 to recoup his and our lost time and resources.

Quoth sld72382 View Post
            "Obviously it's a house. I'm not poor!"
            Money buys many things, however it doesn't buy class.

Quoth sld72382 View Post
            "Don't you think I would have given it to the cashier at the store already?"
            Okay blah blah street, apartment "Don't you think I would have given it to the cashier at the store already?". Wow, that's a really long apartment number. Got it though. He'll show up there and look for it, however if it's not there we're going to charge you $500 for wasting our time.
            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

People get butthurt and defensive over the stupidest things I hate getting rude/paranoid idiots when I ask for a zip code. I just wanna ask them "How in the bloody hells am I going to get any personal information about you from your zip code!!!" Do they realize how vague a zip code is!?

Kinda off topic, but I have always wanted to live in an apartment, ever since I was little. Something about smaller cozy space and being up high...
              wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
              ----
              Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

I'm moving from rental house to a mobile trailer. Been getting a bunch of people giving me the piy look....until I let them know I'm getting 60 more liveable sq ft for 300 less a month.

Comment

There's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of for living in a mobile home.

However, your electric bills will skyrocket due to the poor insulation in most of them.

That said, you get an insane amount of space for your money. My ex's family bought a $30k trailer ages ago (it's fully paid off now) and only spends $100 or $200 on a large lot a month (full front/back yards), plus utilities. It's a doublewide 3 bedroom 2 bath. Their electric bill in the summer is several hundred though (mine is about $120 in August).

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post

Hell, even Salt Lake has a little bit of that... you can buy a house in West Valley City or Rose Park for much less than a condo in Sugarhouse or the Avenues... of course no one in their right mind would chose to live in West Valley City over Sugarhouse or Rose Park of the Avenues.
                    This is why I have a condo in South Salt Lake... I could have afforded a house but it would have been in a really crappy neighborhood or way to hell and gone... even having the money to be able to afford more, I would just move into a condo in a better location... who in their right mind wants to have to worry about yard work anyway
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                    X