This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a customer cry.

For those who don't know - setting: answering phones at a pizza place.

So, college girl calls in to place an order. She wants to use her college card to pay, which is something we do with the local college. For some reason or another, her card won't go through.

I can understand about being upset about this, but this girl is in tears over this. She tells me she doesn't know what to do. I tell her she'll either have to pay with a credit card or cash, and that she needs to talk to her school about the card not working.

Seriously, tears? Because you couldn't get a pizza at 2AM?
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

I want to know where you can get a pizza at 2am That is odd as far as crying. Maybe she is stressed out from school and it just took one more thing to push her over the edge?

Comment

That's prolly it. When my bf and I were in our little break, small things like that could set me off easy. Same thing during my finals. So she's prolly just had a tough time.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Starving at 2Am, new to school maybe, and just trying to make it through the week?

I've got a friend who I'm trying to talk into calm once a week as her workload starts to overwhelm her, and she chose to take a short class week this year. Sometimes, you just need that little something to help you. And when you can't get it?

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
          Seriously, tears? Because you couldn't get a pizza at 2AM?
          You obviously never have had what we used to call the SERIOUS MUNCHIES in the middle of the night.

That, or the princess just never has had to face disappointment before.

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

This time of year is pretty stressed for students. They're moving in, starting classes, etc. It might be that she had been moving all day and 2AM was her first break. I could see myself crying for that reason. Of course, I'm also very, very sensitive.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
              I want to know where you can get a pizza at 2am That is odd as far as crying. Maybe she is stressed out from school and it just took one more thing to push her over the edge?
              First, Big Daddy's in Salt Lake is open til 3am
              Second, you have no idea just how true that is... I'll admit that I've (not publicly though) been brought to tears over little stuff like a DVD player stopping working.

FTR, that happened not that long ago, my work schedule was being fucked around with by my manager, I knew school was coming up fast and was trying to get all my registration stuff dealt with, I was starting to realize that I wouldn't be able to pay for this semester without a loan, my water heater had broken... and thank God I still was able to do my Wednesday night movie, because that was the only regular perk that I had left... and then the DVD player broke and I lost it, it sent me over the edge, because after everything else went wrong I looked so forward to having that one little pick me up. That said, the princess probably was "near the edge" for much more trivial reasons than that.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Another time when not getting a pizza at 2 am made me cry - Pregnant. Hormones all over the place. and a stressful day before and coming up.

Comment

Even in BumSex Egypt, Wisconsin we have pizza places open until 4 am.....

Normally I'm the person who moans and groans when people start with the "But what if this person was going through this" and all the "What ifs", but this time, I will have to join the benefit-of-the-doubt people.

Even the most mentally stable people sometimes just come to breaking pointsand can tear up or on the other hand, blow up over something small, because that small thing just may be the icing on the cake of several layers of bad events. With most people, bad things often happen in 2s, 3s, 4s....everything piles up, things go from bad to worse, and any little thing that goes wrong at just the right time can bring on a whole bunch of emotions that have been piling up.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                  X