This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short-Term Memory Loss

Quick one from yesterday's nuisance disguised as a customer.

Guy asks me if any of our laptops have bluetooth built in. I explain that none of the systems in the store do, but I have bluetooth adapters that will work with any one of them and can special order some that do have bluetooth built in. He whines a bit, but it's no big deal. He tells me he will look around for a while and bother me if he has other questions. That's fine. I go about my business.

A few minutes later, I overhear him speaking to one of my co-workers... about whether any of our laptops have bluetooth built in. Co-worker flags me down and asks, "All the built-in bluetooth laptops are special orders, right?" Right. Customer says he will keep looking and let us know of any questions.

A few more minutes later, a manager passed through the department. He flags me down and asks me, on behalf of the customer, whether any of our laptops have bluetooth built in. Deja vu. I give the same explanation I gave before. Customer sighs and asks me, "Are you SURE?" I replied: "Unless one grew a bluetooth receiver since this morning, I'm sure." He sighed again and left.

Part of me is wondering whether he'll forget again and show up today to ask the same question.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

He's not forgetting, he's just hoping that he will get a different answer that will magically transform one of the computers to built-in Bluetooth.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
    X