X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning up the AC on a SC/Hostage Situation <Long>

Two stories

Turning up the AC on a SC
    This story starts about a year and a half ago and runs up the the present. With our billing we use Net 30 (customer have 30 days to pay up or get late charges for those who don't know). We start to get ancy when payments are late due to our rather small size.

Well, one customer wasn't too keen on pying. They were still very interested on continuting makeing orders with us. Since these orders were frequint and fairly large we kept filling them, but they still wouldn't pay. They even started to hang up on us when we made collection calls. So we cut them off and took them to court. Eventually we got paid, but most of their orders were 300 days(!) over due at that point.

Fade to six months later...

We get a order from them. One would think a lawsuit would tip them off that we were no longer interested in them as a customer, but that was apearently assuming too much.

The part was $20.00 and so we figure that was cheap enough to have some fun. So when filling out the invoice someones finger slipped and hit 0 an extra time. And Gosh darn it, we printed out an invoice for $200.00 compleatly by accident.

They paid within two weeks.

Hostage Situation
    Another cronic deadbeat kept ignoring us except when they needed parts replaced or motors repaired. So we call them and explain with some jargon (some of which was made up on the spot) that one of their critical motors was about to fail in an expensive fashion and we could head off such a problem.

So they haul the motor in that day or early the next if my memory is reasonably accurate. The phone call they made later when basicly like this.

Deadbeats: "When will our motor be ready?"
    Us: "As soon as you pay your late bills."
    Deadbeat: "Oh..."

We are very accomidating, and we bend over backwards far too often. But we do eventully lose out patence, and there are few depths we are unwilling to sink to.
    "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

"Net-30 is a privilege, not a right."

You wouldn't believe how many of our customers have had the above explained to them.

Then cue the whining:

"But I can't pay up front."

"Why are you doing this to me?"

"But my customers are late paying me."

"That's not fair."

"But I need it."

The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
    X