This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LISTEN to me FFS

Grrr people it's very obvious where you're calling ok? I mean I say it outloud in the greeting and everything.

Pot Woman
    Me= Iz Awwsome!
    SW= Woman who needs to STFU, stop yelling and listen.

Me= Thank you for calling *my place* this is Officer Bramble, how may I help you?

SW= Is this *one of our divisions*?

Me= No I'm sorry this is just their dis-

SW=*cue angry yelling* I BOUGHT YOUR POTS FROM YOUR COMPANY 3 MONTHS AGO FOR MY GRANDSON *blahblah entirelifestory blahblah*

Me= Ma'am this is just the distributing center I can give you the-

SW= AND HE OPENED THEM AND THEY WEREN'T POTS THEY WERE A COOKWARE SET AND THE BOX SAID POTS AND 3 MONTHS AGO I BOUGHT THEM AND I DIDN'T LOOK CUZ THE BOX SAID POTS AND HE SAID GRAMMA THESE AREN'T POTS AND -*She goes on for all eternity. Seriously*

Me= *She pauses for breath and I jump in* Ma'am I can give you the customer service number for *the division*. They are the ones you need to talk to.

SW= *Suddenly all sweet and nice* Ok sweetie that's fine. Let me get some paper. Thank you, you're so sweet. *click*

Me*to self* Holy crap I feel sorry for whoever answers that phone.

Pay ATTENTION to my voice!!

Me= Still awwsome
    NL= Not listening.. at all

Me= *Same spiel as above*

NL= Yes I NEED to speak to a manager!

Me= Ok ma'am do you have the managers name?

NL= Oh I don't know John or Josh or something.(WTF lady do you not find out who you need to talk to?)
    Me= I'm sorry I don't have a manager here by that name. Are you sure you're supposed to call *my place*?

NL= YES THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID AND- Oh wait this isn't Buffalo Wild Wing? Are you sure?

Me=(Yes yes you caught me. I'm lying buy wings here!) Yes ma'am I'm sorry but this is *my place*

NL IT'S YOUR FAULT *click*(Que? WTF?)

ARGH dammit people! Flaming well listen to me when I speak! Everything would go faster if you did. ... If I could only reach through the phone and STRANGLE you..
    My Wajas cave

Flaming well listen to me when I speak! Everything would go faster if you did. ... If I could only reach through the phone and STRANGLE you..
    Sometimes ... when I'm in a bad mood and my customers go BLARGLE for hours on end and refuse to listen, I think of this little scenario in my head:

Me: The girl with the power
    SC: Scenario caller

Me: Hi, welcome to xxx, how can I help you?
    SC: ARRRGGGH! It's all WRONG! I need a REFUND! FIX this for me NOW! ELEVENTY!
    Me: (whips out huge ass flame thrower) YOU TALK TOO MUCH!!!!! (Burns customer to a crisp)

Makes my day on most occasions

Comment

Ouch. sucks you got yelled at.

thankfully at my work I've never been yelled at (that I can recall and I'm pretty sure it's something I'd remember)

but I do get people not listening to me.

after 11pm ER is supposed to call over to let me know that they are sending 'so and so for an xray of 'whatever is being xrayed'

now on slow nights I might only have ONE person on my list of people waiting for xrays.

So in that case say.. it's john smith and i know thats the only person on my list.

ER will call (we have call display so i can see who it is) i'll pick up and just say 'hey it's loki (ER night staff all know me so i dont need to bother with 'you've reached xray spiel), yea go ahead and send mr smith down for his 'whatever is to be xrayed'

EVERY time i'll hear the nurse say 'hi. xray. can we send mr smith down for his xrays?"

me: (suppressing sigh) yea sure.
      Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

I think I'm pretty lucky that the calls aren't monitored where I work. (At least not to my knowledge.) Though employees use the phones to talk to their girlfriends all the time for some odd reason. It's pretty weird.

We're actually fairly insistant that the customer on the other end of the phone maintain their temper. They have been hung up on before after being given a fair warning to maintain a temper. I work at the desk right near the phone, and the phone is fairly loud, so I can hear everything. They usually go something like this:

W: Co-worker in ear-shot.
        C: Customer over the phone.
        --: Represents a very sudden interruption.

W: Thank you for calling <hardware Store> how may I help you?
        C: Do you have Fantastik?
        W: We should, hold on, I'll check. *Presses Hold and goes about 30 feet into the aisle and finds it to collect information on the kinds they have*
        *about twenty seconds passes*
        W: Hello, thank you for holding. I'm glad to say that w---
        C: --You had me on hold for an awful long time. Are you sure you weren't chatting it up with someone? Now tell me that you have it or I am taking my business elsewhere.
        W: There's no need for that, ma'am. We do indeed have three different kinds of Fantastik - The L---
        C: --- It had better be the good kind.
        W: ... um, which kind would qualify as the good kind?
        C: You know! The GOOD kind! You work there, you should know.
        W: Well yes, I do work here, though I am in charge of the drills and the other hardware. They called me so I am answering your question. Now, we have s---
        C: I knew it, they gave me the w--
        W: --Now now, ma'am, there's no need to be sidetracking. I still have the information that you wan--
        C: --So you were chatting it up with the other workers! I knew it! Get me your manager right now.
        W: ... ... what ... ... okay, we are definitely going on a tangent here. You called for a r--
        C: I said get me your manager r--
        W: --FOR A REASON, and I have your information. Do you want it or not!?
        C: ...
        W: ...
        C: ...
        W: .. Hello?
        C: ... You get me your ma--
        W: *hangs up*

All the manager had to say was "Well, you had the information, and she didn't want it; what else could you have done." He shrugged and went about his business.
        SC: "Are you new or something?"
        Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Working...
        X