This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not again

I've been off line for a while due to illness again and trying to get back into reading posts.
    Today I get the one of the strangest calls ever. A customer calls in saying her phone will not work. She said it won't turn on and just went dead. I asked her what happens when she plugs in her phone thinking the battery went belly up. She says oh it's charging now. And I swear to you the woman asked without missing a beat and sounded like she didn't know "So if the battery dies, the phone can't be used?".
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

That's all I have to say.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

*sigh* TWOLF, you make me glad I don't work for (cell phone company) any more. Had anyone tell you their phone was broken because it didn't ring, only to find out they put it on Silent?
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

no but one story that has been arround the place I work was a customer got pissed because the phone kept turning off when they went to answer it. The rep asked what they were doing and they said they were pushing the pwr button, push while ringing.
        I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

I've had this happen before.

Had a person who wanted to send their laptop in for repair because it would no loner turn on.

Turns out its battery was dead and the customer had never plugged it into the wall for recharging.

Comment

anyone else reminded of the post a while back (I wish I could remember who posted it) about the guy who was upset that his high end car actually needed to have gasoline put in it?
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              anyone else reminded of the post a while back (I wish I could remember who posted it) about the guy who was upset that his high end car actually needed to have gasoline put in it?
              "It's got an atomic clock, so it's obviously atom powered, therefore it never needs to be refueled..."
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You mean it didn't come with a Mr. Fusion?

Comment

Quoth TWOLF View Post
                  "So if the battery dies, the phone can't be used?".
                  I think I just felt a few brain cells die. Does that mean they can't be used anymore?
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Oh come on. If a cell phone dies, after you recharge it, you have to turn it ON. This is not intuitive because you didn't turn it off. When I replaced my first cell phone, I couldn't even figure out how to turn it off and on. It didn't work like my old one, and the salesman didn't show me.

"So if the battery dies, the phone can't be used [ever again]?"

"So if the battery dies, the phone can't be used [while it's charging]?"

Sounds like a reasonable question.
                    Women can do anything men can.
                    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                    Maxine

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                      I've had this happen before.

Had a person who wanted to send their laptop in for repair because it would no loner turn on.

Turns out its battery was dead and the customer had never plugged it into the wall for recharging.
                      but it's wireless!
                      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        Judging by the antics of many (local) high-end car owners on the highway, it wouldn't surprise me. And yes, I'm referring to the BMW 8-series idiot who not only cut me off this morning, but forced his way into the left lane, roared ahead, then slammed on the brakes, shot across 3 lanes of traffic...to reach his exit on the *right*

Expensive-car owners really are a special breed, especially the concours crowd. By "special," I mean that some of them really have their own sense of reality. Like the 'Jag-Yoo-Are' people at this past summer's car show. These idiots bring their cars to the show in trailers, drive them the 20 feet to the display, and then put them back inside their boxes. Granted, I once did the same thing with my cars...when I was 3--putting the Matchbox ones back into their cardboard boxes, but still. At least I got to see one of those idiots *stall* their XK140 out while attempting to trailer it

Getting back on topic here, the "no power" thing reminds me of what one of our college-educated interns said awhile back. "Does the printer have to be plugged in, and turned on in order to work?" Millions of braincells cried out in agony over that one...
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          "Does the printer have to be plugged in, and turned on in order to work?" Millions of braincells cried out in agony over that one...

"Only if what you're printing is the TRUTH."
                          I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Working...
                          X