Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New. Heres my tales.(Loooonnnnnnggggg)

Okay I have been lurking for a bit and kept saying to myself I needed to join and start posting. Well a few days ago I hit my no return point and so I am here. I work at a donuts of dunking and seem to see all sorts of people. here are a few of them from the small to what finnaly set me off along with a little pwnge.

Creepy Old Man

me: tada
    com: -points to title-
    cw: co-worker

com comes up to the counter and places his order. I make it but he is stareing at me the whole time. intently. like im a rat in a cage. I hand him his drink

me: here you sir have a nice day
    com: -takes drink smiling bigger than nessecery- Hey do you know why(some very awkward joke)
    me: -looks to co worker then back at him- No sir I dont.
    com: -smiles immpossibly bigger- Well its because they are fa**ot$
    me: -walks off-
    cw: He says that joke everytime hes here. He told it to me last time. (shes only 16 and this is her first job. I was appaled)

This Drink Isnt Right

me: obvious
    sc: male sucky customer
    woman: sc's girlfriend

they order their drink and and pay cause i dont make them before they pay i write down everything they want how they want it and repeat it back to them. they agree its right.

me: here you are have a nice day
    sc: This isnt right its too light!!ELEVENTY!!!11!!
    me: Sir I made it French Vanilla(FV) regular just like you said.
    sc: NO!! I get them here all the time this is too light you put too cream in it!!
    me: Sir I put the medium amount of cream in it. With Ice coffees thins doo look lighter but I made it regular.
    Woman: Baby stop yelling it looks like it always does...
    sc: F*ck it fine. Lets just go! -storms out but stops at the door and slams his drink into the trash can. just as im trying to tell him i can make it with less cream.
    me: Have a nice day Sir.

Customer Pwnge

Okay a bit of background. we have a male of about 19-21 that always comes trhough drive through but never waits for us to take his order and is never happy with his drink no matter what. he has called corperate about other employees because his drink was too waters or tasted burned. he always gets an ice coffe. This day we were slammed. it was me and one other person working a 2 hours rush period for drive thru and front lobby trying to keep hot and cold coffe made along with ice tea while makeing sandwhiches and other assorted cokked items.

I was haveing an extreamly bad day. I had ex trouble and my computer had kicked the bucket due to a trogan and spyware so i was at my wits end and i drive an hour to work.

me:
    cw: co-worker ill call her J
    db: douchbag

DB drives right through and up to the window as he always does we hear the ding i try to take an order but hes already pulling around. i have a line of at least 6 people up front when i hear this.

J: Im not taking him. He does this all the time. You take him. I'm going to take your people up front.
    I automatically know who shes reffering to and i growl(yes seriously) she goes up front and i take one deep breath before sticking my head out the window smiling.
    Me: You need to wait at the order box for us to take your order we are really busy and we cant just stop takeing other peoples orders just because you choose to drive right on up here. it isnt fair to them.
    db:Your supposed to take my order instantly
    Me: (in my head i am screaming oh no he didnt) No we arent. you have to give us enough time to either ask if we can take your order or ask you to hold on for a moment so we can finish what we are already doing.
    db: NO! you are to take my order right when I pull up I didnt hear anything so i pulled around because i know sometimes you dont registar a vehical being there.
    Me: No we dont always registar big trucks or vans because they dont fit properly on our pad but dinky cars like yours are always register. I am not a robot. I do not have super speed I can not instantly drop what im doing lift or drop my hand to the button on this head set and answer in less than 2 seconds its not humanly possible.
    db: I dont care...(I cut him off)
    Me: You know what. I dont care. because you do this every time and every time we ask you to wait to order so now you can just wait here while I go take care of the other customers i had before you. -i shut the window as i hear him peeling out of the parking lot-
    J: Wow..what did you say to him..
    Me: I think I just got myself fired..

All of that happened in about 5 minuets tops i still had 4 customers in the lobby waiting to be served. I didnt get fiered. in fact no one even mentioned it to me the next day or has yet.

The Stalkers
    Now I will just mention these people because they dont ever do anything overtly sucky they just mae me really uncomfortable.
    A man of about 50 and a girl of late 20's early 30's comes in. Alot. she always pays he has a wedding ring she doesnt. when I first started working there for 3 weeks straight they would come in on my days in and order stay for an hour leave and repeat about 8 times a night. slowly they got down to about 2 times a night but they stay for about 3 hours at a time sittin goff in a corner talking about things that are really uncomfortable to over hear. and he is just always stareing at me. she sounds and acts really young. like elementary school aged young which is even creepier because she always pays and has no wedding band or anything. I refuse to serve them when they come in but they he still stares at me like im a peice of meat just waitting to be pounded and tenderized.

Breaking Point and why I'm here.

Normally this wouldnt have sent me over the edge but i was overworked over stressed and i am severly underpaied. so i just couldnt take anymore of the stupidity. and this woman didnt even get it after i explained it 8 different times while in the middle of a rush. Hmm i think Im seeing a petteren.

call comes into the store i answer and an old lady is on the other end. -speil- how may i help you.
    ol:yes i was looking at my recepit and i was wondering what this akje(random 4 letters as i am not looking a recipt right now) means
    me: ma'am i dont know what your talking about..
    ol: its says akje. akje i want to know what your charging me for. i only bought 1 large coffee. so what does akje meeeeaaaaaan(yes she was whineing)
    me: ma'am let me get a recipt so i can see what your talking about. -grabs a recipt looks at it and comes back. hello ma'am
    ol: what does akje mean. i want to know cause i only got a coffee and its too much so i want to know what im being charged for.
    me: Ma'am its telling you the price of your coffee before tax youll notice it says tax underneath it with some odd amount of change there.
    ol: It says akje $2.05 tax $0.08 but what does akje mean.
    me: -slams head on the door frame- Mame thats the price of a large coffe before the tax is added. its the price you see on the board. a large coffee is $2.18 after tax.
    ol: but what does akje mean? im paying 4 dollars for 1 coffee!! thats alot. what does it mean.
    me: No ma'am you are paying $2.18 for a large hot coffe. and that is telling you the price before the tax.
    ol: but what does it mean..-trails off and i hear a click-

I dont know if she hung up but i did. then i went back to doing my work.

to Customers Suck. Drinks are to the left, snacks to the right. And here's some Brain Bleach

Comment

Hi there, sounds like you'll fit nicely.

*grabs out bucket of brain bleach from avatar* You're going to need it.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Dragonfly369 View Post
        db:Your supposed to take my order instantly.
        Ugh. Another person who either never had to work a service job and therefore has no idea of the reality of those jobs and what people who hold them go through OR is in a position in which he has little to no respect or authority, so he exerts whatever "power" and attitude he thinks he can wield over people who have to be nice to him due to their employment just so he can feel important for a few moments.

"Douche Bag" suits him well. Welcome!

Last edited by South Texan; 09-13-2009, 12:04 PM.
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Eeehhh.....

People should know better than to piss off the Coffee Gods and those who preach Their Word!

Wonder what the draw is for creepy people to your place?
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Thanks for the bleach I know Ill need it.

As to the Douch Bag hes a punk a$$ kid who doesnt have any respesct for anyone.

And we are a creep magnet because everyone but 2 workes are female. most of which are under 30.

Comment

Working...
            X