This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no, I don't know who you are!

SC: (making reservation) Hi, I stay there all of the time. I know your manager (J, who is our director of sales, get it right). I am in your computer.

What the hell is with people who seem to think I know know who they are over the phone. I ask for his name & he rattles it off so fast I have to tell him to repeat it.

Then THEN after I finish up with him & trying to explain why we can't have pets left in rooms (liability issues/ bark issues etc) I look up that his last stay was in April. April!!!! You don't stay here "all of the time"!
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Ah, the old "Cement your importance in your own mind" manuever. how lovely.

I can't stand the "Do you know who I am?" and any other variations on that theme customers. Inevitably, they're lying about said importance/how often they actually deign to visit our humble establishment, etc.

Possibly fishing for a discount, especially with the name dropping. Sorry you had to deal with one of those.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
      I can't stand the "Do you know who I am?" and any other variations on that theme customers. Inevitably, they're lying about said importance/how often they actually deign to visit our humble establishment, etc.
      And oddly I've found the ones who actually ARE important and you should know are the ones who don't go ZOMG I R IMPORTANT! for instance, we had quite a number of (local football team) in my 9-13 round about late July Early august...couldn't be being close to the training field, or one of the guys actually being local... but unless a customer recognizes him, he's always been a pretty good guy and seems to understand that well I am not a robot.

Comment

Oh, I love the people who stay "all the time"

... especially the guy who stays all the time... who's last stay was before a rate increase that occured in August... of 2008. Yeah... I can tell how often you stay...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

heh, the guy at the motel we stay at once a month actually recognizes mrDrone and I and calls us by name ... not that we have ever gotten bad service there, or ever had the desire to pull the but i stay here all the time card =)
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

This is where you break into Eddie Izzards Death Star canteen skit.

Darth - "I will have the pene alla arribiata"
            Canteen Worker - "You'll need a tray
            D - "Do you know who I am?"
            CW - "Do you know who I am?"

"On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Ah,I've yet to have one of those types. If someone did attempt to pull that card I would probably get into more trouble for bursting out into laughter. The people who I do know tend to be the extremely awesome customers that I can't help but think about and smile, and they never..ever ask for anything not within my power.

"Do you know who I am?"
              No, and it's because you haven't earned that right..the right to exist longer in my my mind than it takes you to walk out the doors..
              *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                Oh, I love the people who stay "all the time"
                Yep, rates right up there with all those people who "know the owner".
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

There's a hotel that DH and I stay at somewhat frequently. My parents live 8 hours away from us, and because my sister and her 4 children live with my parents, our options are to sleep on an air matress in the living room or stay at hotel 15 min away. If DH is not with me, I'll stay at my parent's house and sleep on the couch or on the floor in older two nephews' room (they're young enough to think this is cool). But if DH is with me, then we always stay at the hotel. We've probably stayed there at least 4 times a year, every year for 7 years, some years more than that.

We NEVER mention to the check-in clerk that we are "frequent" customers, until they mention that "oh you were just here in ____" and then we just say, "yup." I mean, what's so special about staying somewhere a lot? I don't expect them to do anything more for me than they do for any other guest, just because I happen to stay there repeatedly.

But then I'm not a special snowflake.
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

If you really are a regular you will not have to announce to everyone that you are. The employees will recognize you.

If the employee does not know who you are and the employee has been working there for some time, then you are not a regular.

Comment

I do get the occasional order over the phone, at the end of which I have to stop the customer and ask "What company is this for?". They usually freeze up for a second and realize that they never did tell me, and laugh about it. Nineteen times out of twenty.

EDIT: Oh, and for a laugh go to YouTube and look for an ad from South Africa (just search "joko ad"... I tried to load it up but it says 'an error occured, please try later').
                      Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 09-15-2009, 05:30 AM.
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I am all too happy to recognize our regulars. Matter of fact, many call & tell me there name & we start chatting! Hell, they pay my wages! They keep the place in business.

Sorry to tell this guy, though, that the amount he has ever paid here just covers my monthly wages, after taxes. I have people who pay my wages sometimes in a week easy.
                        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                          EDIT: Oh, and for a laugh go to YouTube and look for an ad from South Africa (just search "joko ad"... I tried to load it up but it says 'an error occured, please try later').
                          This one?

*filler*
                          What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Working...
                          X