This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hee hee, shut down!

Just a very amusing little tidbit that I got away with on the phone. We have our editorial page and today we ran a cartoon that made fun of the Pope (and for the record, we make fun of EVERYBODY. George W., mostly, to my personal annoyance, but yes, we do mock everybody). It was kind of stupid...I'd post it if I knew where we got it from, but it was hardly offensive. It basically was making fun of the Pope's doing something dumb in Turkey by calling HIM a turkey. Puns are the lowest form of humor but hey.

Me: "Newsroom."
    Idiot: "Yeah, I got a complaint about your editorial cartoon today."
    Me: *sighs inwardly* "All right."
    Idiot: "I'm Catholic and I find that offensive!"
    Me: "...sir?"
    Idiot: "What?"
    Me: "I'm Catholic, too."

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH* Listen to the train derail.

Idiot: "Uh...whun...well, it's, aren't you-?"
    Me: "I thought it was a dumb joke, but I didn't find it offensive. What was offensive about it?"
    Idiot: "Uh...uh...the Pope's not a turkey!"
    Me: "I'll note your complaint, sir. Would you like to talk to the editor who chose the cartoon? He's Catholic, too."
    Idiot: *hangs up*

Today's lesson...know who's working at your newspaper before you complain.

We be bad Catholics!
    Last edited by MystyGlyttyr; 12-01-2006, 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Reminded of a quote from Robin Williams:

"I'm Episcopal, that's Catholic Light. Same religion, half the guilt!"

I'm not Catholic but all my catholic friends Crack up when they hear that one.

Good for you.
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Yes, it's so fashionable to be offended these days.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Yes, it's so fashionable to be offended these days.
        Hey, it offends me that you think I'm easily offended!
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
          Hey, it offends me that you think I'm easily offended!
          hey I'm offended by the word offended.......wait you just made me offend myself...twice....no wait three times!

BlaqueKatt- proud worker of the Noah Fence company
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

i take great offense at these offenses being taken.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

egads.

When I worked at a small alternative newspaper in New Mexico the woman who ran the main phone once had this call:

SC: I want to complain about an article in this week's paper. I found it so effing offensive!

Emp: Um, ok. What exactly did you find offensive about it ma'am?

SC: Well I am a black woman and I thought it was just incredibly damn racist and I couldn't believe that you would effing print something like that, do you realize how many effing people it would piss off? You obviously dont have *any* minority people working on your g*dd*mn newspaper or you would know better! I am so effing offended! *rant rant rant cuss cuss cuss* You need to hire some damn black people, you racist b****!

Emp: Um...Ma'am?

SC: WHAT?!

Emp: I'm a black woman too.

SC: (chirping crickets)...

Emp: Ma'am? Are you there?

Sc: *click*

She hung up the phone laughing and said 'I wonder if that one was recorded?'
              Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                She hung up the phone laughing and said 'I wonder if that one was recorded?'
                Was it recorded?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

THAT'S IT - YOU'LL ALL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER!!!! I'M SO OFFENDED!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I'm offended that your getting a lawyer.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Dang! Now I'M offended that I WASN'T offended by all this!
                      Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Well, I called my lawyer and he is offended by your lawyer!
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                        X