Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope your boss isn't truly that spineless all the time, otherwise you'll have those twits walking all over you!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      If I'm on vacation, the last thing I want to do is sleep in until noon....

but that's me...
      ditto, when I went to san fran, even though I didn't get to sleep until 3am, I still woke up around 8-9am, was showered and out the door by 9:30ish and to BART by 10 so I could spend a full day in the city. For going home I made sure I woke up early so I'd have time to travel... why someone would want to leave that late in the day to go home is a mystery to me.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        ditto, when I went to san fran, even though I didn't get to sleep until 3am, I still woke up around 8-9am, was showered and out the door by 9:30ish and to BART by 10 so I could spend a full day in the city. For going home I made sure I woke up early so I'd have time to travel... why someone would want to leave that late in the day to go home is a mystery to me.
        They probably have a late afternoon/early evening flight and want to spend the day there instead of at the airport.

Dave, your apology should've been "I'm sorry I'm ordered to follow strict company policy and am only allowed to extend your check out a specific number of hours before charging you for another day."

To go along with what others have said, your manager really is a piece of work. I wouldn't work for her and if I had to, it would be the bare minimum of my job duties. nothing above and beyond. Every argumentative customer would get sent to her before they even ask for a manager. Let her get a taste of the shit pies she force feeds you every day.

CH
        Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

I do not like mornings. I like to sleep in, especially on vacation. I enjoy late check out times.

That all being said, these people are fucking idiots. Even me, even on vacation, can manage to get my ass moving and get checked out by 10 am, 11 am, even noon. I thoroughly enjoy being allowed late checkouts, but am not going to freak out if the hotel I am staying at does not allow it.

I can understand wanting to take your time and what not, but seriously, wake up, shower, get dressed, get packed, get checked out, and then, THEN, if you have other things you want to do, do them. Do breakfast. Say goodbye to whomever you want to say goodbye to. Go surfing. Perform lewd acts upon a coconut behind the sand dunes. But do all of that AFTER you check out.

Idiots. Fucking idiots.

Quoth raw456 View Post
          Am I the only one who sees something off in the fact that getting up, breakfasted, packed and saying goodbye takes till 3 pm? Basing this on a average wake up time of 7am, why does this take them 8 hours?
          I hardly think that 7 am is an average wake up time, especially on vacation.

Quoth XCashier View Post
          hell, Bill Gates isn't paid enough to take that kind of abuse!!!
          Okay, I know I am not the only one who would take Bill Gates-level money for this kind of abuse, or even far, far more.

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
          If I'm on vacation, the last thing I want to do is sleep in until noon....

but that's me...
          Yes, that's you. Some of us don't like mornings. That being said, see my above comments about checking out.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Any preferences regarding wake up time while on vacation not withstanding, I'd guess that the check out time is explicitly stated on the website, brochure and rental contract. I'd also expect there is something about late check-outs and the conditions that restrict them. Namely the part that says you can't leave any later than noon.

If someone fails to plan accordingly to the Terms & Conditions of the place where they're staying - T&C that they acknowledge and approve when they're signing the rental contract -, I would point and laugh at them.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Seriously, VRS, your manager seems like a complete twit.

I notice that there is a lot of demanding of the manager with your posts, and much of the time she's nowhere to be found. Is she supposed to be there more often, or does she have other, legitimate duties that keep her out of the office?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Seriously, VRS, your manager seems like a complete twit.

I notice that there is a lot of demanding of the manager with your posts, and much of the time she's nowhere to be found. Is she supposed to be there more often, or does she have other, legitimate duties that keep her out of the office?

^-.-^
                the lack of a spine hinders her movement....so it takes her a while to get anywhere.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Okay, I know I am not the only one who would take Bill Gates-level money for this kind of abuse, or even far, far more.
                  Okay, you got me, I would too. But just long enough to make a million or two. Then I am outta there!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                    automatic suck.
                    Oh, Dear God, No. PLEASE , NO The last thing I wanna see is some SC going full-auto on me >_<
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Oh, Dear God, No. PLEASE , NO The last thing I wanna see is some SC going full-auto on me >_<
                      Don't worry, they'd probably forget the whole "bring the weapon to the firing position" step before pulling the trigger, and wind up shooting themselves in the foot. Or a kneecap, or more to centerline, and a little bit higher.

No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Really? This guy couldn't get moving until 3 pm?

Granted, I usually ask for a later check-out at conventions if it's available so I can enjoy the Sunday morning events without having to worry about checking out on time. If I can't get it, no biggie. I just check out 10 - 15 minutes before the cut-off and take advantage of the grace period to clear out before my card's deactivated. (Usually up to an hour.) Staff's usually used to it because it's a Sunday, the only guests in the hotel are nerds like me and no one's going to check in.

Most importantly: I have everything mostly packed up the night before! I go ahead and move the non-essentials (like props and swag) to the car while everyone's at the rave. Everything but my Sunday costume is folded up and put in the suitcase. Laptop and bookbag are put away. Street clothes are laid out so I can change quickly and pass as human on the trip home.

But then I do this roughly once a month, so maybe it's just experience and common sense.
                        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

jebus, I wake up at 5 am every day [i am on meds with a tight schedule, I have to get them at certain times] so we are normally out of a hotel by 8 am ... unless we are traveling with people who are slower.

I need to win a huge lottery so i can buy a really nice resort hotel somewhere and staff it with CS people. No spineless managers, and sucky customers can be told NO firmly and it will be enforced... good customers can get a bit of leeway.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

At my hotel, guests who are members of the frequent traveller's club, can get up to 2 hours extra for check-out, which is 2pm where I work.

While it's great in theory (gets people to sign up for the program and to stay with the chain) it can throw housekeeping out of whack. On some days, its several guests wanting the 2pm check out. Without fail, it's usually the guests who stay in the jacuzzi wanting the late checkout. Of course Mr. Early Arrival wants to check into the jacuzzi room and it's not ready because someone is still in it. Mr. Early Arrival gets angry and he have spoiled his honeymoon/booty call/affair.

Yeah, but anyay, VRS, you're manager is a spineless nitwit.

Comment

Working...
                            X