This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inwhich i keep my cool in the face nf an EW. Yay is me :p

This happened a few days ago. This EW didn't seem to get the idea of a different menu for dinner. Although our lunch & dinner menus are different, there are a few common items. (generally, the dinner menu has a greater selection, and although bit more expensive, dinner items comes w/ soup or salad.)

Me: Take a guess
    EW: Entitlement Whore
    EWW: EW's Wife.

EW & EWW walk in around 4.30 and are sat in my section.
    Me: Hi there. Welcome to The Restaurant, our soups today are [etc...]

EW: Is this a dinner menu?
    Me: Yes, it is.
    EWW: We want lunch menus. [EW & W toss the dinner menus in my general direction]
    Me: I'm sorry, but we stop serving lunch at 4pm.
    EW: It's only 4.30
    Me: Again, i'm sorry, but we stop serving lunch and start the dinner service at 4 o clock.
    EWW: So!? We came here for lunch!
    EW: Yeah... you really should make an exception for us.

Me (trying to remain polite): Again. We stop serving lunch at 4. You can order anything you like off the dinner menu. Now... Our soups tonight are [cream of blah] and [chunky blah]. Can i get you anything to drink while you look at the menu?
    EW: I TOLD YOU, WE WANT FUCKING LUNCH MENUS! GO! NOW! LUNCH MENUS!
    Me: Sir... This is a family friendly restaurant, and i have to ask you to refrain from using that language.

(by now, my wonderful kickass manager (WKA) has walked over)

EW: FUCK YOU! GET ME A LUNCH MENU!
    WKA: Sir, you have 30 seconds to get out before i call the police.

*EW & W leave, whilst mumbling how we don't care about customers, etc... *
    Me: Have a nice day!

WKA: That guy's a fucktard.

I am so glad for you that your mngr has a spine! When did society get to demanding everything?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I love that manager!

Comment

We need more managers like that !
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yeah these folks were acting like a-holes. But I can appreciate the interest in a lunch menu. I'll sometimes have a late lunch and don't want the dinner menu. Mostly because of prices. Lunch menus have smaller price tags and smaller quantities. I personally prefer the lunch menu. But unlike these SCs, I'd take the dinner menu if that's all that was available.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

"I'm terribly sorry but I cannot change space and time for you. I possess neither the power nor a quirky British alien with a phone booth."

Delicious internet cookies for those who get the reference
            *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Quoth MrPibbsRevenge View Post
              "I'm terribly sorry but I cannot change space and time for you. I possess neither the power nor a quirky British alien with a phone booth."

Any chance I could trade those in for credit towards a sonic screwdriver?
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Go..Lunch menus...what the hell?

Comment

Wow. I booked a reservation to a kids restaurant (American Girl) for brunch for me and my 2 daughters on a Sunday morning from their website. From specifically clicking the Brunch section. We drive the 2 hours to get there, wait for it to open, get seated (11am) and see the menus are for lunch. We (politely) ask about the brunch menus and they tell us they only have brunch on Saturdays. No where on the website did it say only Saturdays. I scoured that website before hand to make sure.
                  Do i flip out and show the girls a wrong way to act? Even though 8yr old was really looking forward to waffles and started tearing up a bit? NOOO. I play it off, enjoy the day, get home and send an email telling them they need to add it to the website, and that was it. No complaining, whining or demanding things. I don't expect a reply or anything. Hopefully they will update the webpage though.

Sorry.. More people need to be told off for being idiots. Good job!

Comment

Woot! Awesome manager with an extra side of Awesome Sauce!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

not a phone booth but a Police Box
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

You should've handed them the lunch menus they asked for and then any time they asked for something that wasn't also on the dinner menu said "I'm sorry, but as I informed you earlier, that's not available after 4pm."

CH
                        Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

lol EWW sounds like a deluxe version of EW

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                            Lunch menus have smaller price tags and smaller quantities. I personally prefer the lunch menu. But unlike these SCs, I'd take the dinner menu if that's all that was available.
                            This is why I really don't like to dine out that much. I have a very small appetite (in spite of my waist line), but I end up tossing most of my meal if I order off a normal dinner menu. In most places the menu designed for smaller appetites sucks.

I'll just cook at home, it is usually better anyway.
                            Tamezin

Comment

I totally wish i'd thought to say that. Seriously tho... It's clearly shown on the front door and on the website what times we serve lunch / dinner.

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                              Woot! Awesome manager with an extra side of Awesome Sauce!
                              Yup. Thankfully the owner didn't get involved, or he'd have probably caved. My manager, who is usually on the floor dealing w/ customers, rocks.

Also, as per portion size; our dinner portions are big, yes. That is why we offer to wrap up your leftovers (you can, literally, make two meals out of some of our dishes). We also offer half orders. So... There is no need to be a dick about lunch vs dinner service.

Comment

Working...
                              X