This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    dwm -- I think the MiracleWhip people agree with you. Unless I'm mistaken, the jar actually does says "salad dressing" on it, NOT "mayonnaise"
    They'd probably try to call it "mayonnaise" if they wouldn't run into that whole 'truth in advertising' thing.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

In the restaurant I used to work in, we got a lot of people - almost exclusively senior citizens - who complained their meals were cold. Daily. In every single case, their food had steam coming off it, but I'd heat it up anyways in the microwave. I'd have to wear gloves to handle the plates after they came out because I couldn't touch them without being burned, and I'd offer to take the food to their table - but they would happily take it from me with their bare hands, didn't wince a bit at how hot the plate was, and then wolf it down while it was still flaming hot. I don't know what these people are made of, but they don't react at all to heat.

Not surprisingly, these were always the same people who always claimed it was cold in our restaurant on hot, humid days when the air conditioner was broken and we had the doors open. I bet these people use plastic shrink-wrap heat guns as hair blowdryers too.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Soo...the woman who ordered the chicken figured you'd know that "steak" really means "chicken" in her case...or...?

*types "event horizon" into Scribblenauts*

*falls on ass laughing*

For the record, "black hole" and "singularity" will generate the same result. Type in "large hadron collider" to get a *machine* capable of generating this effect.

I'm gonna start just typing in random words from this board into that game. Chances are, the clever bastids really do have them in there.
        OMG! I love Scribblenauts!
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          Wow someone got lost in conversation, let food sit for 40 minutes, and then bitched cause it was cold? Should of got in there and eaten it sooner, stupid
          I thought I had heard every excuse in the book for one to complain until I had read that part. I guess it's the restaurant's fault she got lost in conversation and needed a free meal. You know, we have people down here in South Florida who probably plan that crap before leaving the house, like the ones who plan the "we'll tell them our steak is uncooked so we can get new ones for free, and get a free dinner!"

Comment

Quoth Can I have a cheeseburger View Post
            Not surprisingly, these were always the same people who always claimed it was cold in our restaurant on hot, humid days when the air conditioner was broken and we had the doors open. I bet these people use plastic shrink-wrap heat guns as hair blowdryers too.
            My late grandmother was the same way . . . it could be 80 degrees outside and she'd be cold. I think it's because older people in general don't have blood moving around as much as we do (due to circulatory issues, blood thinner medications have this effect, et al), so therefore they feel the cold more.

Yet with my grandmother . . .she would be cold, yet tell ME to put on a sweater. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The difference between mayo and Miracle Whip.

(Miracle Whip is disgusting. Mayo is edible but has very limited applications in my culinary life.)
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                The difference between mayo and Miracle Whip.

(Miracle Whip is disgusting. Mayo is edible but has very limited applications in my culinary life.)
                Well, it is called Mackerel Whap for a reason
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Can I have a cheeseburger View Post
                  I don't know what these people are made of, but they don't react at all to heat.
                  We always referred to my grandma as having "asbestos hands" (and a pencil sharpener for her elbows, but that's a separate story) as she couldn't feel heat at all. Boiling hot water, pans straight from the oven, she never felt a thing.

I believe in her case her nerves had been damaged by years of hand washing clothes with caustic soda (? I think - it may have been some other chemical people used to use). She'd done this both at home and for a short time while working at a laundry.

Don't think it was otherwise a problem - except for the day the cat (who was not bright) decided to sleep on the sticky mat used for opening jars (you put the mat on the serfuce, you put the jar on the mat, then you can use both hands to grip the lid because the jar stays put). She unstuck him by plunging him in water, and didn't realise it was hot. He was OK in the long term but scalded and wouldn't let anyone touch him for a couple of weeks.

Victoria J

Comment

Working...
                  X