Clear All

• I'm NOT a telemarketer!

This one came from a CW today.

CW: Co-worker
    PL: Psycho Lady

CW: Hi, this is (company). May I-
    PL: Why are you calling me?
    CW: Uh, well, we're calling.
    PL: Well, I"M NOT BUYIN' NUTHIN! YOU HEAR??
    CW: What? No, ma'am-
    PL: I'M TIRED OF YOU TELEMARKETERS CALLING ALL THE DAGGUM (her words, apparently) TIME! (rant, rave, wax on, wax off)
    CW:Ma'am....
    PLRANT)
    CW: Ma'am.......
    PL: (RAVE)
    CW: MA'AM!
    PL: (RA-huh?)
    CW: This is (company). We send out your CPAP supplies.
    PL:.......oh.
    CW: Do you need any supplies this month.
    Pl:...........Yes, please.

I may not like telemarketers either, but I at least make certain the other person isn't one before I hang up.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

oh, I had to deal with those people once... I had a job at a call center that contracted out to (car company) and what we did was call people who had warranty work done to make sure that the repairs had fixed the problem and schedule followup appointments with the service centers if needed... at least two or three times an hour we'd get a similar story

Me- this is Smiley with (car company)...
    SC- damnit, I'm on the do not call list... why the hell are you calling me
    Me- sir/ma'am, I'm not a telemarketer...
    SC- to hell you aren't... why else would you be calling me
    Me- I'm with (car company)... I see you had your (car) in for warranty work
    SC- damnit, I knew you were a telemarketer, you'd going to try to sell me something for my car
    Me- no... I was calling to make sure that everything was fixed to your satisfaction and schedule you a new appointment at your local service center if it wasn't so we can make it right.
    SC- oh... yeah, the car works fine now...
    Me- glad to hear it. You still have (insert time) left on your warranty, so feel free to call us if you have any other problems and we will take care of you again. Have a good evening.

seriously, I know that everyone hates telemarketers... but not everyone calling is automatically a telemarketer... some people do have a legitimate (read into that you actually want them to call... I won't get into the debate on whether or not telemarketing is legit) reason to be calling.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I know the feeling. Except my job was to bug little businesses for a short customer satisfaction survey (and sometimes to give 'em a little promo). Kinda like those "would ya like to take a survey?" ladies from Animaniacs.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        I know the feeling. Except my job was to bug little businesses for a short customer satisfaction survey (and sometimes to give 'em a little promo). Kinda like those "would ya like to take a survey?" ladies from Animaniacs.
        Do you like beans?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Why yes, I would like to see George Wendt eating beans in a new movie!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
          X