Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only he'd just stayed on the phone a few more hours, eventually he would have gotten a yes response.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

i love how they exaggerate their waiting time too...
      20 minutes suddenly is 2 hours

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        i love how they exaggerate their waiting time too...
        20 minutes suddenly is 2 hours
        I know.

Why the heck can't I have the power to make hours go by in minutes?
        No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
          "Sorry sir, the previous occupant has been given a late check out by my manager. "
          I was just going to ask what happens when early check-in meets late check-out?

It must be like matter and anti-matter colliding.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
            I was just going to ask what happens when early check-in meets late check-out?

It must be like matter and anti-matter colliding.
            Time as we know it will come to an end. All life in the universe will cease to exist.

That, or a lot of yelling. You'd better duck, it's ugly either way!

I just love the way that when SCs decide something is "unacceptable" that means, apparently, it automatically not only can be changed, but will. That's two faults right there! Not one, but two! Count 'em.

Once I make a trillion dollars off of my comic book franchise and become an eccentric rich person, I'll make it my full-time job to go around giving these people a swift kick in the reality. Or the naughty bits, whichever would be more effective. Screw the rules, I'll have money.
            Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Getting back on topic here, why is it that some people get pissy over check-in times? I mean, it's not like there are *other* things to do on vacation

For example, my mother and I took a long weekend at the beach last summer. Since it was off-peak (that is, after July 4th), I got down to Cape May several hours before check-in. But, rather than complain, we told the desk clerk (who we've known for years) that we were in town, dumped the car on a side street, and went swimming for a few hours. Not really a big deal, since the beach was less than a block from the hotel. The car? Not close at all

But, sometimes getting to your destination early can work in your favor. Several years ago, I was in the Cleveland (aka the "mistake by the lake ) area for a model railroad convention. For one reason or another, I'd arrived at the hotel several hours early. IIRC, check-in time wasn't until 2.

However, because I didn't act like a bastard, and because they'd had some cancellations...not only did I get to check-in early, but I got a nice room upgrade as well--top floor of the hotel, various other amenities, etc. All of that came in handy...when I got to view a nice fireworks display a night or two later.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
                Why the heck can't I have the power to make hours go by in minutes?
                You do. Start enjoying yourself.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  You do. Start enjoying yourself.

Rapscallion
                  I think he wanted a way to do that at work, without being arrested.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                    Just what do you think you're doing Dave?

Stop Dave.

Stop.

Please stop Dave.

I'm losing my mind Dave.

I can feel it.

I can feel it Dave.

Please stop.

Would you like me to sing you a song Dave?

It's called "Daisy".
                    This is what I think about every time I read OP's posts.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      I think he wanted a way to do that at work, without being arrested.
                      Yes, avoiding extended chats with the Boys in Blue and their black-robed friends would be preferred.
                      No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

I'm so happy when I read that I'm not the only one who has to repeat myself over and over (though your stories are way more amusing than mine, that's for sure) to customers who do NOT UNDERSTAND rules and policies!!!

/hands you a cookie/
                        Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Working...
                        X