X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Actually, under copyright law, it is.
    Wouldn't it also come under intent to defraud as well?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Wouldn't it also come under intent to defraud as well?

Rapscallion
      Not familiar with that aspect, but it does seem likely.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Regardless of the legal status of coupons, there is the simple fact that this woman was clearly intent on committing fraud, and theoretically we could be held liable if we knowingly allow her to make the copies.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

A lot of coupons or certificates have a 'VOID' popup anyway. When you run off the copy that word pops up...Though I have no doubt that some SC's tried to pass them anyway.
          Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          Haven't there been a bunch of fake e-mail coupons around in the last several years that haven given stores a ton of a grief because they aren't legit and SCs are demanding they honor them?
          Affirmative on that...Snopes, the urban legend clearing house, has details of a bogus coupon or promo every other week.

My own coupon story from the tax office: A guy printed a couple dozen of our website coupons ($10 each). He handed me the stack and said, "That should cover my prep fee." Fortunately the franchise owner was there and he quickly pointed to the line "Cannot be combined with other offers." He made it clear that he would only allow me to honor one of those coupons...Nice try.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X