This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MadMike View Post
    We'd give away as many boxes as the customers wanted, but they had to either catch us as they're emptying them, before we broke them down and tossed them in the baler; or ask us ahead of time to save them.
    It's the same at my store.

Once I even helped a guy by going to BOTH balers and harassed the meat department to help this man get boxes. He was happy.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm......Greasy forbidden meat box *Homer drool*
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Customers always come in for used boxes. Broken down or not they just buy tape to fix bottoms. Hell the more they take the less bales i got to make.
        I Have Nothing But The Thoughts Of Uselessness

Comment

I've been to several Wal-Marts that love giving away empty packing boxes. I just tape up the bottoms if they're already broken down.

As for breaking up packs of things, I have actually had one or two customers (back in my Supercenter days) come up with one Pepsi, or one Gatorade, or whatever out of a 6- or 12-pack, and then look very surprised when the barcode on the bottle scanned in for the multipack's price. I only felt sad for the customer once, and in that instance, I saw them actually pull the multipack bottle from one of the individual bottle coolers. The rest seem to think that the barcode will magically change what price it rings up at if it's taken out of the multipack.

Then, of course, there're the multipacks of water, where the bottles' individual UPCs don't scan at all, immediately signalling to me that the customer pulled it from the big 24-count case.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X