This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nazi (may offend)

I went into the pub for the first time since I left. I am still very close to a few of my co-workers, so I went in to visit and have a couple of drinks with some off duty ones. It was quiet, so we were stood at the bar talking to the on duty workers. An elderly customer comes up to the bar.

SC: Can I have a bottle of *beer*?
    CW: Sure.
    SC: And what is your name young lady?
    CW: Uhh...*co-worker*
    SC: Oh...I thought you would have a nice German name...

He walked away. I need to point out that he was NOT German, and neither is co-worker. He returned about twenty minutes later.

SC: Another bottle of *beer* please.
    CW: Ok.
    SC: Do you speak German?
    CW: No, I don't, sorry.
    SC: I do. You should too.
    CW: Okaaay...

The SC then started blabbering in fluent German to her. I couldn't understand a word he way saying. He walked away again. He turned again twenty minutes later.

SC: Hmmm, I don't know what to have this time....hmmm...do you have any Nazi drinks?
    CW: Excuse me?
    SC: Nazi drinks! German beer! Something a Nazi would drink!
    CW: I don't know...I don't know how to answer that...
    SC: I am very pro-Nazi you know!
    CW: Excuse me?!?
    SC: The Nazis! They had the right idea about...
    CW: Right, fuck off you sick bastard. I am not serving you.

CW walked down the bar to go and get my old boss. The SC turned to me and the off duty co-workers.

SC: What the fuck are you staring at?!?!

He walked out the building before CW and boss returned.

I am so glad I left. I would have punched the guy in the face.

I thought employees were banned from being in there on their time off for a month. Has it been a month already?
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
      I thought employees were banned from being in there on their time off for a month. Has it been a month already?
      It got lifted today after only two weeks. The staff morale dropped A LOT. Lets just say they've learned their lesson about showing dignity in the place they work.

Comment

I'm guessing (or at least hoping) that the guy has a few short circuits in his brain.

In any case, it's kind of nice to read a story that mentions the word "Nazi" without comparing them to Pres. Obama. lol!!!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I was born in Germany. Would he therefore consider me to be a superior specimen of humanity?

I'd like to ask him that. I don't speak German, and my birth is a fact of my father being in the Army on the Rhine at the time.

Arseholes are arseholes, no matter what language they speak.

Rapscallion

Comment

talk about timing; there was a show on the history channel about nazis last night, then this pops up.

goes to show you that some people really are too stupid and stubborn to learn from the past if this movement still exists.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

People like that make me want to disavow my German last name.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Man, I just don't get people. I come from a very strong German bloodline. What's so great about being a Nazi? Yeesh. I think Obama said it best: "He's a jackass."
                You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  talk about timing; there was a show on the history channel about nazis last night, then this pops up.
                  Well, yes and no. See, the History Channel often has shows on about the Nazis. I know, as I have watched a lot of them, having a fascination with that topic. (Notice I said "fascination," not "admiration.")

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

There's ALWAYS a show about nazis on the history channel

Comment

talk about timing; there was a show on the history channel about nazis last night
                      Isn't that a bit like saying that there was a cooking show on the Food Network.

Comment

Where's Brad Pitt when you need him?
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                          There's ALWAYS a show about nazis on the history channel
                          You noticed that too?
                          As a Canadian comedian once joked, "One more WW2 documentary, and the History Channel should start paying royalties to Hitler!"
                          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I don't know what History Channel you guys get but the History Channel that comes to my house seems show nothing but shows about fishing boats, loggers, and Nostradomus.

Comment

I'm part German.

My Jewish part.

(My G Grandma Meyer on my Mom's Mom's side.)

Comment

Working...
                              X