Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a few tales from tonight at the pizza place (slightly long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few tales from tonight at the pizza place (slightly long)

DO you really know where you are???
    this is not really sucky just really really annoying as it happens A LOT

Me: your friendly neighborhood delivery driver
    WC: wierd customer

Phone rings
    me: thank you for calling XYZ pizza? will this be for carry out or delivery?
    WC: delivery
    me: (and note what I say) OK May I have the phone number of the place WHERE YOU ARE AT??
    WC: 123-4567
    me: ok that is 1234 ammesia st.
    WC: yes that is BUT I am not AT that address I am at the ABC hotel.
    me: OK I will put that under the hotel number. and what is your room number?? (me thinking: why did you just NOT TELL ME THAT in the first place or are you too stoned to tell me)
    me: takes order

Your getting something for FREE and you still wanna bitch and complain??

I get a double run. one goes to the high school in our area. the other goes to a private home. both are due around the same time. I deliver the school's first since it is a timed order (meaning that it needs to be there by a certain time).

no problem. it is about 6:15pm. I get to the school about 10 minutes early (about 6:20pm the order is due at 6:30pm) , complete the transaction and move on down the road to my next delivery -- the home.

I arrive at the home, knock on the door and complete the transaction and have the SC sign the CC slip.

here is where the suck and EW comes in. I get back to the store and the MOD askes me if the home gave me any trouble. nope no problems just the usual stiff from this location. the MOD then tells me the SC called up like 2 minutes after I left (about 6:18pm) screaming that her order was LATEEEEEEEE!!!!! eleventy eleven WHERE WAS HER ORDER??????? WHY IS MY ORDER NOT HERE?????? she just would not shut up. The MOD prints the ticket and informs her of the order time and of the estimated delivery time, but she just would not listen to reason.

It turns out that the order was placed by someone else over the internet at 5:55pm and they were auto-quoted a delivery time of around 6:30p. apparently the person placing the order told the recievee a delivery time of like 6:05p. I actually got the order to them 5 minutes EARLY.

I mean come on NO ONE is able to deliver a delivery order in 10 minutes. and to boot you call and moan and bitch and complain about an order YOU YOURSELF ARE NOT PAYING FOR??????

Please figure out who is going to show up beofre ordering

one of the last orders tonight

me: again your harried delivery driver
    SC: you know who

phone rings
    Me: openning phone script
    SC: delivery please
    Me: (gets phone number confirms address and takes the order 3 lg pizzas and 2 large wing orders) OK your total will be $59.03. hangs up phone.

I help the MOD start the order by first dropping the wings, then grabbing some dough and sausing it. pizzas go into the oven

7 minutes later phone rings. damn not another order this late.

MOD gets it. it is the last caller. NOW they want to cancel parts of the order because not enough people are coming over. they want to remove 1 wing order and a pizza. MOD nearly has a fit as this is close to $30 worth of food that we will now have to waste (well not "exactly" hmmmmm yummmm lunch tomorrow is the way I look at it)

look I know you want to have the perfect lat night/early morning party but could you at LEAST make sure of your guest list first PLEASE so we will not loose money and product.

Make sure you follow up

this is one of those "failure to plan or follow up on your part does not mean we can accomodate you" type situations

last week a local company calles up and wants to have 3 different order delivered to 3 different shifts. as this is a 24 hour a day operation this is not really a problem. we have done this before for them. 1st order gets delivered for 1st shift at like 1pm. second order for 2d shift is delivered around 6 or 7. the 3d order is for graveyards delivered around 2 or 3 am.

the orders are big enough that it makes it worth our while sales wise that we can stay open long enough to deliver the third shift order AS LONG AS WE KNOW ABOUT IT IN ADVANCE so we can ask one of the closing drivers to stay late (usually off the clock til the order is to be delivered)

so we do know about these orders and ask the person to followup and order at least 2 or 3 days in advance. nothing is heard after that

about 8pm last night the phone rings. the MOD answers. it is the company person wanting a delivery for 2am. MOD says not possible since we did not have advance notice/order. and for the bonus round we were getting our fryer and oven vents and hood and exhast system cleaned. so there is NO way we can do a 2am deliver even if we put it in the hot box to keep it warm ( just tastes and looks like dead product after 2 hours in there)

so a compromise is reached. we will deliver the order at 12:45am

at least I got a decent tip from them. made my night better than it should have been.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 10-09-2009, 07:24 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    AS LONG AS WE KNOW ABOUT IT IN ADVANCE so we can ask one of the closing drivers to stay late (usually off the clock til the order is to be delivered)
    It sounds like your boss is a decent person who means well, so I have to ask...

Is the driver free to leave the premises (even if he opts not to) and given a specific time to return and punch back in? That's an unpaid break and it's legal most places (but check your state and local labor laws to be sure).

Or does the driver have to stick around and wait for the order to be ready then punch back in whenever it's ready? That's permitting someone to work off the clock and it is not legal in the US.

A lot of perfectly nice well-meaning employers have gotten into trouble for not knowing the difference.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      DO you really know where you are???
      this is not really sucky just really really annoying as it happens A LOT

Me: your friendly neighborhood delivery driver
      WC: wierd customer

Phone rings
      me: thank you for calling XYZ pizza? will this be for carry out or delivery?
      WC: delivery
      me: (and note what I say) OK May I have the phone number of the place WHERE YOU ARE AT??
      WC: 123-4567
      me: ok that is 1234 ammesia st.
      WC: yes that is BUT I am not AT that address I am at the ABC hotel.
      me: OK I will put that under the hotel number. and what is your room number?? (me thinking: why did you just NOT TELL ME THAT in the first place or are you too stoned to tell me)
      me: takes order
      I've had this happen to me before. I was on my cellphone and when I gave them my number it came up at my home address and I had to give them the address that I was at. Maybe your customer was on his/her cell?

Comment

Same thing happens here as well. They save my address from the first time I ever ordered.

Since I only have a cell phone, I may be calling from someone else's place, and when they ask if it's x address, I just say no and give them the address I am at.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

glad you guys get to eat the mistake food
          back when i worked pizza we weren't allowed to because they felt it would "encourage" us to screw up orders

Comment

Working...
          X