Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter insisted on getting a pair of heelies once she got them realized they scared her and won't wear them.

I digress. I myself was a skater mall rat. Loved the mall I was usually pretty respectful of paying customers but for me the mall was this awesome mecca of things I was gonna buy someday.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Let's say for the sake or argument that you were, in fact, angelic as a teenager. Even so, do you think that that is the norm for teenagers?
      Nope. I don't think that being good is the norm for people in their early twenties either. I'm just saying i was a good kid when I was younger.

And I always feel bad for the good kids out there who get a rough break because the status quo of adolescence is being rotten brats.

Also, I just know a lot of people who were a lot worse in their twenties than when they were teenagers. So I find it ironic a little. That's all.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        They seem to graduate from those damn heelies to the damn skateboards.
        I wanna see what happens when some genius decides to wear their heelies while riding their skateboard...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          I wanna see what happens when some genius decides to wear their heelies while riding their skateboard...
          You are a bastard.

I got all the way through Gravekeeper's latest post on the idiots that call him without a problem, and I come here, to the alleged safety of this thread, and you come within microns of making me spew my beer all over the damn monitor.

Damn you!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

*facepalm* Great. Just great. That image will be in my dreams. Stupid Imaginary Boy!
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

OH GOD!!! NO!!! I used to deal with people in those heelies. While in the bowling center I worked in, I kept a close eye out for them and told people not to skate around inside with them on. I wasn't going to be responsible for that paperwork (we'd already had a kid lose a thumb in a ball return, and another have to get stitches in his hand by dropping a 6lb ball). If they refused to listen I kicked em out.

Comment

As do I.

That kinda sounds like something the little half-day snots might try to do. Pity there aren't security cameras outside or in the strip mall.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Now that's a recipe for disaster if I ever heard one. Or a lost episode of South Park.

BTW, Jester, BookstoreEscapee's a she . . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Weel...

We'd flooded our front yard for an ice skating rink...

One of my friends tried to stand on a sled on the ice... with his hands cool-ly in his jacket pockets... (he's still famous 40+ years later)
                    Last edited by dalesys; 10-27-2009, 01:51 AM.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      One of my friends tried to stand on a sled on the ice... with his hands cool-ly in his jacket pockets... (he's still famous 40+ years later)
                      How much did he break?
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

That I would pay to see!

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        BTW, Jester, BookstoreEscapee's a she . . .
                        Doesn't mean she can't be a bastard....
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Pagan beat me to it, but yeah, gender does not preclude someone from being a bastard.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I got all the way through Gravekeeper's latest post on the idiots that call him without a problem, and I come here, to the alleged safety of this thread, and you come within microns of making me spew my beer all over the damn monitor.

Damn you!
                            Rule 1 exists for a reason!
                            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Let's say for the sake or argument that you were, in fact, angelic as a teenager. Even so, do you think that that is the norm for teenagers?
                              Except that wasn't what you asked. You asked who could honestly say they didn't act up as a teenager. And I didn't act up either. As to whether I'm better or worse now, I don't know, but I do think I'm not the person to make that judgement at this time.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                you come within microns of making me spew my beer all over the damn monitor.
                                Well, good thing you didn't. Because then we'd have to report you to the police for alcohol abuse.

As for the coffee discussion, every time I have a cup, some dentist no longer worries about gassing up his Hummer, that week, because all the teeth-rotting sugar I dump into it to make it taste good to me, as I've done since discovering caffeine's ability to keep me awake for midwatch, at sea.

(Working in air conditioned spaces, for the equipment, and cold makes me sleepy.)
                                No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Working...
                                X