This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tis the season...

So unfortunately at my store that I work at (it begins with a P and ends with a 1) we have our customers that our usually all so happy, but most are UNhappy because of our selected sales.

Now we are starting to set up christmas, but we still have our halloween (my faaavorite!) So we ALWAYS get the following:

C: You have Xmas stuff already??? does that mean its half off too?
    me: No.. we're just now getting it in..
    C: Well fine! I guess Ill have to go to LOWES to get my decorations!!

K...it's not even nowhere near that but okay

C: half your fall stuff is on sale but half of it isnt!
    me: Yes, unfortunately it's still fall season for now but we're starting the sale of that so as *CLEARLY MARKED* (and as it was, and even my customer ASKED ME if it was) is, so not everything.
    C: *huff* well fine. Here is my CC you're charging me to be here
    me: If you don't want these things I'll void it
    C: No no I want it

I go ahead with it

2 minutes later..who comes back with return....!

Customer: I DONT WANT TO BE ACCOSTED BY HALLOWEEN AND CHRISTMAS LIKE THIS, IM GOING TO WAL-MART WHERE THEY APPRECIATE ME!! I SHOULDN'T HAVE PAID THIS!!

Why didn't you tell me that before you pai--oh, whatever..

K...?

I don't get it ...

There could be like a hundred more stories but I'd be repeating everyone has ever said before about how and when merchandise comes in. I wish I was in marketing, it seems they pull stuff out of a hat! But I have no say into what happens there.

...some of our Christmas stuff has been out since late June/early July.

And she's going to Wal-mart? They've had their stuff out for a while, too if I recall correctly.

Comment

I don't get the people who say 'fine well i'm going to *other store*'

it really doesn't matter to the store employees.. THEY get paid whether or not mr jackass buys his $7.50 of merch.
      Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Don't send her to Wal-Mart. She'll frighten us too!!!
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

So she'll waste gas to go to another store to be accosted by their decorations, which are out the same as yours. Gads! Stupid stupid stupid!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Here's what always goes thru my mind when a cursetomer says they are going to "take their business elsewhere":

- Would you like directions? Can I call you a cab?

- I sure feel sorry for the people at (store you're going to)...

- Great! I really didn't feel like dealing with you anyway!

- Why are you still here? You just said you're not going to buy anything from us, therefore, there is no longer ANY reason whatsoever for me to treat you as if you might.

- (Specifically for Wal Mart) -- Appreciated? At WM?! Is this some new place by the same name that I've never ever been to before? (no offense intended to BethB or any other Wallyworlders ^_^)
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah, cause Lowe's is going to have their Xmas stuff 1/2 off...

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
              I don't get the people who say 'fine well i'm going to *other store*'

it really doesn't matter to the store employees.. THEY get paid whether or not mr jackass buys his $7.50 of merch.
              Seriously!! Do people who say that think that the cashier is going to start pleading and bargaining with the customer so that they won't lose business? Leave that for the manager at least
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Why is it that the customers who threaten to leave are the WORST of the worst, and never *EVER* go anywhere?

Is there some sort of club out there for shitty customers who threaten to leave, but will be back in two days?

Do any of them ever go away and STAY away?
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

We've had Christmas stuff out for about a month. We're planning on setting the rest of it (cards, gift wrap, boxes, tags, a few decorative items, linens, dishes) a bit ahead of schedule this year because we have the stuff in the store already.

Apparently we believe our Christmas stuff should molest customers, instead of simply accosting them.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

- (Specifically for Wal Mart) -- Appreciated? At WM?! Is this some new place by the same name that I've never ever been to before? (no offense intended to BethB or any other Wallyworlders ^_^)
                    None taken. I am the company punching bag(verbal, not physical...yet)
                    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                      Do people who say that think that the cashier is going to start pleading and bargaining with the customer so that they won't lose business?
                      *flatly, channeling the Gord* "Oh, no, please, stay and spend your money here, money that will never find its way into my pocket, money that means less than nothing to me. No, no, please, please, go away and spend your money at another store which is just as likely to be half stuffed with Halloween and half with Christmas as our poor, pathetic little blight upon the retail land. Shall I call ahead for you and let them know not to have these offending eyesores readily noticeable when you come in?"
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

We had our xmas stuff out a month ago, and I just shook my head. At least last year they waited till Halloween day, now they put it out before Halloween is even in full swing! I'm sure next year we'll have it in August, and then after that July. There's no stopping it....

Comment

I anticipate that the Christmas crap will eventually be out all year long. Well, maybe management and marketing will consider it too tasteless to have it out at the same time as Easter, but then again, they could advertise it as the Alpha and Omega sale (get it... the birth and death).

Wait, there's nothing that management and marketing consider too tasteless.
                          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                            ...some of our Christmas stuff has been out since late June/early July.

And she's going to Wal-mart? They've had their stuff out for a while, too if I recall correctly.
                            The Wallyworld near my house started putting out Christmas decorations right after Labor Day. Looks kinda funny having not only Halloween items but also Christmas trees and lights out at the same time.

So yeah, she can go there but she'd only have a royal cow.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X