This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First EW

Hey, folks! Greetings from my not-so-new job. Haven't had to post here lately because it's a small company, and most of the clients are polite (at least to me).

But I'm dealing with the first EW of my career. Actually introduced Bossman to the term, which he find works.

She's requesting that we fax a letter saying how long she's worked for a business we do payroll for. Simple, right? Normally we'd do this without any issue, but this woman is apparently always asking that we do stuff for free. Bossman said he likes to charge some token fee to such people, just to show they can't have everything they want.

I like my Bossman. ^^

The downside is I have to deal with this increasingly-irrate woman. >< I have to be polite, but Bossman says I can flip her off over the phone, since she won't see it.
    Last edited by HorrorFrogPrincess; 10-15-2009, 07:34 PM.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Bossman sounds really cool
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
      Bossman sounds really cool
      He is. ^^ He gets me Starbucks and insists I drive his black Lexus on errands.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
        She's requesting that we fax a letter saying how long she's worked for the company.
        So she was a former employee?
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          So she was a former employee?
          Ah, sorry, wasn't clear. She's an employee of a company MY company does payroll for.

Comment

Ah, sorry, wasn't clear. She's an employee of a company MY company does payroll for.
            So she thinks that because of that she can be an EW. We need more bosses like yours! Time to DUPLICATE!!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              So she thinks that because of that she can be an EW. We need more bosses like yours! Time to DUPLICATE!!
              I'll get the cloning machine!

<hops onto Evil Genius>
              Wait a minute...
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

He is. ^^ He gets me Starbucks and insists I drive his black Lexus on errands.
                To be honest, he kind of has to. He can't have you on the clock in your own car, unless he sets up his business insurance to cover it, too.

That doesn't change the fact that you get to drive a spiffy luxury car, tho.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X