This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
    Hell, even an aquarium can make a costly mess when they crack and leak 40+ gallons of salt water into a downstairs flat.

You don't want to know what kind of damage an escaped (released?) litter of baby rats can do, either.
    Most apartment complexes won't even allow an aquarium in an upstairs apartment. Same with waterbeds, and for pretty much the same reasons; water is heavy, and if it spills it makes a huge mess.

My place actually had a reasonable, refundable pet deposit. They suck in most every other conceivable manner, but not that one. *shrug*

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
      Guest: ok well my dog is housebroke and very well behaved so I'd like to waive the pet deposit

Guest: thats not fair....you are not very kind, I have to say
      1) If they took the word of everyone who said that the rental rates would go up because they would have to cover the damage somehow and thus everyone would essentially be paying a pet deposit even if they themselves brought no pets.

2) You need to check the definition of fair. Fair means being treated the same as everyone else is. Everyone is told the same you are not a special little peanut who gets things to be "more" fair than other people.

Comment

Deposit vs Fee

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
        Just out of curiosity, is the pet deposit at your rental properties refunded after an inspection, or is that non-refundable as well? I know different places do it differently.
        A deposit would be theoretically refundable. Otherwise, it's a fee.

Comment

Working...
        X