This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grape Flavored Wine.

(In case you've forgotten, I work at an Aid of Rite )

I know that sometimes they add in flavors to wines, like blackberries or strawberries or whatever, but I had a guy come up to me (he had an accent and was yakking alternately on his cellphone) and asked me if there was "grape flavored wine".

(Following conversation has been condensed...it stole 10 minutes of my life).

Me: " Isn't all wine grape flavored?"

Him: "No, no, no, I want wine that's red and has grape flavor." (talks on cellphone for a minute)

Me: "*stares up at the rows of wine* Well, it depends what sort of wine that you want. We have loads of red, plain wine."

Him: "What is a good brand? I want red wine." (talks on cellphone).

Me: "Is there any preference for brand?"

Him: "No. *picks up bottle of wine* How do you open?"

Me: "Oh, this one has the cork in. *mimicks pulling out cork"

Him: "Oh, no, I want one with a normal top." (Talks on cellphone).

Me: "*picks up blue bottle* This one is the only one we have in a screwtop, but it's a riseling, it's white wine." (We also sell flavored gasoline sangria made from lesser quality wine that has a screwtop and citrus flavors in it).

Him: "Is white wine? Oh, no. I think I will go to the liquor store, they have a better choice." *Goes off, talking on cellphone*.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

*friends of mine hold me back* Let me at 'im let me at 'im frickin frackin grape flavored wine screw top go

Go buy a box of wine you heathen and get out of my sight

fricking heretics

Comment

Truth be told, I don't care for wine and when I do, it's usually the flavored cheap stuff. But who wants to buy specific types (an in quality) wine at an Aid of Rite?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
        Him: "Oh, no, I want one with a normal top."
        *cues Peanut* "Hah?"
        *thank you, Peanut*
        Dude, Cork is the normal top, it's the screw top that's the aberration.
        All wine is grape flavored, unless it's cheaply made... then it might be gasoline flavored...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
          ...screw top...
          Oh look! Look! The screw top fits your head! What a good buy! Drinkies and a party hat!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Grape-flavored wine? Pish tosh.

You'd like me. I'm low maintenance. Just gimme a six pack of Guinness and I'm a happy Irv.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My issue isn't that the guy wanted the cheap stuff my issue is that he is acting like the cheap stuff is the high class stuff and all the rest of us obviously don't know crap about wine.

Comment

Wonder what he thinks wine is made out of?
                !
                "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                  Wonder what he thinks wine is made out of?
                  Customers?

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Grape-flavored wine? Pish tosh.

You'd like me. I'm low maintenance. Just gimme a six pack of Guinness and I'm a happy Irv.
                    'cept Guinness is more expensive than some wines.
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Man, you guys are in rare form tonight. You're killing me over here.

You should have just shown this asshole some Manischewitz or better yet, some Mad Dog 20 20 and just called it a day.

A box is too good for him. He'd probably try to sniff the plastic tap.

Comment

*shudder* I don't like wine (more for the grain myself), but even cheap whiskey is like YUK.

But I'll try anything with a cork in it! Screw top, I need to dillute it with soda.
                        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                          Customers?
                          No, that's what Aussie shampoos are made out of apparaently

Still, I remember one of my classmates joked about "dehydrated water." (we were like 11)
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Wine is AWESOME! But I live in Paris, France, so I can get the good stuff easy and cheap. Honestly, you should try some of the wines from here, they taste amazing.
                            http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                            Melody Gardot

Comment

I have tried many wines of varying caps, corks and qualities. Truth be known, overall, I think cheaper (not -est) wine tastes better- more flavor. The red I drink has a light, yet distinct, rose flavor that I love.

Unless we're talking Merlot, then pass me the one with the screw top!

NightAngel<-- so not a wine snob.
                              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                              HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                              X